Located in Redding, CA
Salary: $75-$80k per year
Express Employment Professionals, named ClearlyRated Best of Staffing® Client and Talent Awards winner for the past 7 years, is hiring for a local client company in Shasta County. We help people in our community find work every day. Express Employment Professionals in Redding wants to make a difference locally and across North America. With more than 800 locations across the U.S., Canada, and South Africa, we are on a mission to put a million people to work annually.
About the Client:
We are working with a golf and country club in Shasta County. Please only apply if you meet the qualifications. This is NOT a training position.
Controller / Office Manager
- Reports to
III. Job Summary
Develop policies to control and coordinate accounting, auditing, budgets, taxes and related activities, and records; develop, establish, and administer procedures and systems pertaining to financial matters; prepare financial statements, forecasts, and analyses for all administrative and managerial functions. Maintain all accounting records and is responsible for development, analysis, and interpretation of statistical and accounting information. Supervise the staffing, scheduling, training, and professional development of department members. Implement data collection systems and process and record salary/wage payments. Manage the club’s health, retirement, and other benefits programs. Conduct labor analyses, staff planning, and other studies as requested.
- Job Tasks (Duties)
- Formulates, receives, and recommends policy proposals for approval relating to accounting and auditing, the budget, revenue and cost control procedures, preparation and payment of payrolls, tax compilation of statistics and office methods and procedures
- Directs or prepares the monthly trial balance and resulting financial statements including Income Statement, Balance Sheet, and Statement of Changes in Financial Condition for the club along with required supporting schedules and other data necessary for financial reports and records
- Manages and conducts internal auditing programs to help assure that records are accurately maintained and that established policies and practices are satisfactorily and consistently followed
- Prepares budgets and financial forecasts in coordination with the various committees, departments, and General Manager
- Works with the club’s external auditors to assure that procedures are consistent with club policies
- Prepares and verifies reports made to agencies and trade and professional organizations for which dissemination is consistent with club policies
- Verifies the taking of inventories for beverages, food, supplies, equipment, furnishings, etc.
- Verifies that all insurance records for club property are properly maintained
- Reconciles monthly ledgers including receivables, payables, bank accounts, asset accounts, and wage accounts
- Prepares and/or supervises preparation of applicable federal, state, and local tax returns
- Prepares accounting reports as necessary and appropriate for dissemination to the Board of Directors, and other club committees
- Monitors to assure that procedures for effective receiving and storeroom control are in place and consistently used
- Selects, trains, supervises, and evaluates accounting staff
- Attends monthly Board; Finance Committee and other meetings as required
- Oversees member billing and collection procedures
- Compiles, approves, and maintains credit applications for vendors
- Negotiates and administers employee benefits including health and life insurance, pension plans, and workers’ compensation. Gathers information and assists the General Manager in making decisions about employee benefit plans
- Maintains Fixed Asset ledgers and prepares depreciation schedules for monthly entries
- Handles assigned projects as they relate to the department and club’s needs
- Audits members and guests’ charges; checks cash sheets to assure that all receipts for member’s accounts have been posted
- Safeguards all funds in bank accounts; assures that revenues are properly and correctly deposited and supervises the drawing of all checks
- Monitors collection of past due accounts, advises General Manager and Board when difficult situations may arise
- Compiles and adheres to departmental budget; takes corrective actions as necessary to help assure that budget goals are met
- Plans professional development and training activities for staff
- Assists in developing/placing recruitment ads; plans recruitment strategies; assists in screening applicants and makes hiring recommendations
- Conducts/reviews wage and benefit surveys; proposes employee benefits enhancements to the General Manager
- Continually reviews and assists in updating the employee handbook and personnel-related policies; assists in the management of the Club’s progressive discipline program
- Manages the Club’s group insurance, unemployment, and related benefits programs; communicates benefits information to staff
- Oversees all work-related injury claims to ensure integrity, on-going case management and reporting compliance
- Performs special projects as assigned by the General Manager
- Reports to
Accounts Receivable Clerk; Accounts Payable Clerk; Cashier; Administrative Assistant
After the probationary period
$75,000-$80,000 per year depending on experience
You are attentive, responsive, and can take control of situations.
You are personable, determined, and driven to make a difference. You can see beyond a problem, respond to situations in crafty ways, and put a positive and professional spin on any situation.
Multitasking and professionalism are natural habits.
You thrive on succeeding, overcoming challenges, and have an exceptional work ethic.
Friends and co-workers describe you as a highly organized and productive person.
You are a team player and an individual performer who can quickly connect with others inside and outside of the company.
You naturally possess a “can get it done attitude” even when the odds are not in your favor.
You are very organized and disciplined and can effectively manage multiple conflicting priorities and deadlines in a rapidly changing environment.
You are reliable and are always looking for what to do next.
You are at least 18 years of age.
Pre-employment screenings if required by the client
Express Employment Professionals – Redding
2697 Victor Avenue
Redding, CA 96002
530-221-7044 call or text
Express Employment Professionals is an equal opportunity Employer.
Express Office: Redding
2697 Victor Avenue
Redding, CA 96002