Member Services Representative
Located in Saint Paul, MN
Salary: $18-21/hr DOE
GENERAL JOB DESCRIPTION
Serve as liaison between the member and the credit union. Guide members through educating them on our products and services to assist them in making good financial decisions that best meet their needs through asking high impact questions. Cross-sell and refer the appropriate produces and services. Open accounts for members, resolve issues, and professionally handle the member’s daily needs. Provide a variety of transactional services to members.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Represent, greet, and welcome members and visitors to the credit union in a professional manner. Provide prompt, efficient, and accurate service in the processing of transactions.
- Guide and educate members on our products and services. Identifies all cross-sell opportunities and actively promotes and sells credit union products and services through daily face-to-face and telephone contact to existing membership and to potential members. Refer and cross sell to members all services and programs available by promoting credit union products and services based on member’s need.
- Achieve monthly goals that are set by the credit union. Goals will be based on the annual credit union business plan.
- Answer telephones. Must be willing to answer large call volumes when needed.
- Provide information on investment accounts such as Money Market, Certificates of Deposit, IRA’s, Holiday Club, etc. Appropriately refer to Investment Advisor’s for Retirement services.
- Provide in-person, by-telephone, and electronic general and specific service-related information, as well as information on the full range of the credit union products and services.
- Maintain up-to-date and comprehensive knowledge of all credit union products and services.
- Maintain a thorough knowledge of credit union policies and procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Open new accounts and service existing accounts. Set up new account files; and provide members with all necessary information for membership.
- Assist members with electronic and online products and services.
- Respond to member’s requests, problems, and complaints and/or direct them to the appropriate person for specific information and assistance. Research accounts for deposit, withdrawal, and loan-payment discrepancies.
- Handle requests from members for loan payments, share deposits, withdrawals, transfers, stop pays, order copies of drafts, payroll deductions-start/changes, CD transactions, open/close accounts, line-of-credit, advances Open end loan advances, name/address changes, issuing ATM cards, receive information from members for wire transfers, daily balance teller drawer, sell money orders and gift cards, process mail transactions, and any other requests received from members.
- Assist member in opening individual retirement accounts.
- May assist members in processing, closing, or disbursing loans as needed.
- Responsible for learning client''s sales and service culture and using those skills to create on-going, needs-focused discussions with members (internal and external), strengthening professional, financial relationships and increasing member satisfaction.
- Back-up other branches as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
MINOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- General office duties: scan checks, correspondence scanning/filing of work generated, prepare checks received for deposit to Federal Reserve, assist in verifying cash shipments.
- Keep work area neat and organized
- Dependable and Flexibility to travel to other branch offices as needed
QUALIFICATIONS FOR THE JOB
High School Equivalent, and any business or college classes a plus
1-year cash handling or customer service experience.
10-key by touch and good figure aptitude.
Excellent communication skills and ability to communicate with members and prospective members effectively.
Professional demeanor and dress.
Must have transportation to assist in branch coverage.
- Highly recommend use of credit union products and services.
- Knowledgeable and proficient in the use of electronic services such as online banking and mobile apps.
- Demonstrated personal financial responsibility.
- Must have excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, and ability to use logic and good judgment in making decisions.
- Maintains a high standard of accuracy. Is thorough, complete, neat, and professional in all documents, system input and correspondence.
- Expanded knowledge of Word and Excel, and other computer applications.
- Proactively notify management of any operational and member service improvements.
- Consistently behave and communicate professionally both internally and externally.
Express Office: Saint Paul
1696 Suburban Avenue
Saint Paul, MN 55106