Located in White City, OR
Express Employment Professionals is searching for an Accountant for a local branch of an international technical manufacturing company.
GENERAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provides financial information to management by researching and analyzing data; preparing reports; performing a variety of accounting related duties including special projects.
- Manages all accounting operations including Billing, A/R, A/P, GL, Cost Accounting, Inventory Accounting and Revenue Recognition.
- Collects revenue in accordance with terms by monitoring customer balances and communicating with delinquent customers.
- Resolves customer account discrepancies by investigating documentation; issuing refunds or credits, or making adjustments
- Develops customer credit history by processing customer credit applications, generating written credit status correspondence and maintaining customer files.
- Maintains fixed assets by analyzing all accounts; collecting asset information; entering data into fixed asset records system; ensuring fixed asset system functions properly, and reconciling balances to the general ledger.
- Maintains inventory standard costs by monitoring raw material costs, labor run times and overhead costs and update as needed the unit cost for stock codes.
- Calculates labor and overhead rates of production departments by analysis of general ledger and work centers; monthly review of production variances.
- Provides financial analysis by analyzing and interpreting data; computing and preparing reports as requested by senior management.
- Complies with federal, state and local legal requirements by maintaining the sales and use tax system, preparing monthly sales use and tax reports, and filing monthly/quarterly returns.
- More than 5 years of related work experience in an industrial enterprise.
- Advanced working knowledge of bookkeeping methods and accounting concepts required.
- Experience with ERP/MRP systems in a manufacturing environment desirable.
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills.
- Experience with developing Crystal reports at plus.
- Ability to use Syspro desirable, but not required.
The goal of the organization is to hire a candidate capable and willing to grow and eventually become the Finance Manager/Controller for the organization. This is a fulltime Direct-Hire opportunity.
Starting salary: $65-75k DOE.
Express Office: Medford
3523 Arrowhead Drive
Medford, OR 97504