$22/hr- Day Shift Maintenance Technician
Located in Athens, GA
Express Employment is seeking a Maintenance Technician for a Production company here in Athens, GA. The company scope includes injection and compression molding operations and automation equipment in the manufacture of components serving FDA regulated markets. This is a high-speed and a controlled manufacturing environment.
Position Purpose: The maintenance technician is responsible for troubleshooting and repairs on injection and compression molding equipment, secondary equipment including air compressors, grinder, chillers, tower system, vacuum system, and conveyance equipment, including inserters, printers, case erectors, robots, etc. The maintenance technician is also able to perform setups, changeovers, adjustments, maintenance, repair, and operation of various types of equipment to include assembly, subassembly, printing, and/or packaging machines.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILIITES:
- Troubleshoots and locates the source of the problem by observing the operation of the equipment.
- Troubleshoot and diagnose pneumatic, hydraulic, or mechanical malfunctions on a variety of equipment.
- Interact with OEM vendors to identify parts, obtain quotes, and submit requisitions to acquire repair and replacement parts.
- Perform adjustments and setups on a variety of equipment in support of production and in accordance with company developed SWIS / JSA documents and safety procedures.
- Repair and maintain electrical controls on equipment, molding, assembly and packaging machines, including servicing, repairing, adjusting, and testing machines and devices primarily on their basis of electronic principles.
- Read, use, and interpret measuring devices, gauges, and inspection tools.
- Check and maintain quality of product being produced by identifying acceptable and non-acceptable product in accordance with quality policies and procedures.
- Answer machine alarms as they occur and identify and address the root cause
- Upload programs to controls in the event of program loss or CPU replacement.
- Repair robot arms to controls including replacing bad boards, motors, encoders, etc.
- Perform weekly, monthly, and as required preventative maintenance.
- Perform root cause analysis for safety, quality, and process issues.
- Restore damaged or malfunctioning equipment to operation by repairing, replacing, and/or adjusting electrical, mechanical, hydraulic, and pneumatic systems.
- High School Diploma or GED
- 5 years’ experience with industrial maintenance
Express Office: Athens
824 Hawthorne Avenue
Athens, GA 30606