Located in Alden, NY
Express Employment of West Seneca has partnered with a great company in the Alden area to fill an immediate need for a full-time School Janitor. This is your opportunity to get your foot in the door with a great company that values their employees! The company offers its employees great benefits, such as:
- Health Insurance
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
Starting pay is $16.28/hr. Full Time
2nd shift – 3:30 pm to 12:00 am, 2:30 pm to 11:00 pm, or – 4:00 pm to 12:30 am
3rd shift - 9:00 pm to 5:30 am
Janitor duties and responsibilities Position include:
- Clean the interior of buildings including floors, carpet, rugs, windows and walls
- Disinfect commonly used items like desks, door handles, office tools and phones
- Maintain cleaning inventory, placing orders for new products when needed
- Maintain outdoor grounds, cut grass and trim bushes
- Remove debris and snow from sidewalks
- Replace air filters and maintain HVAC systems
- Empty trash and recycling bins
- Stock and maintain supply rooms
- Perform minor repairs on machinery, equipment and tools
- Vacuum, sweep and mop floors
- Clean and maintain restrooms
- Washing and clean windows and mirrors
- Notify supervisors of unsafe conditions
- Operate floor scrubbers and other equipment
- Dust furniture and fixtures
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Ability to understand verbal instructions.
- Ability to understand and follow safety procedures.
- Ability to operate vacuums and other related equipment.
- Ability to safely use cleaning equipment and supplies.
- Ability to use hand and power tools applicable to trade.
- Ability to lift and manipulate heavy objects.
- Ability to read, understand, follow, and enforce safety procedures.
- Ability to understand written and verbal communications.
Minimum Job Requirements:
- S. Diploma or GED
- No experience needed
- Janitors working in educational, or government facilities may need to submit to a criminal background check and drug testing before an employer extends a job offer.
To be considered for this position, or other jobs available through Express Employment of West Seneca, call (716) 800-4311 and ask to speak to our Recruiting Generalist or go to www.716Jobs.com to give us your contact information and we will contact you.
Don’t look for work alone.
Never a fee for our service.
Skills Training available at no charge to qualified associates
Weekly pay: check, direct deposit or debit card
401(k) retirement savings plan available
ACA Approved Healthcare available
Express Office: Buffalo (South)
1900 Ridge Road
West Seneca, NY 14224