Wastewater Treatment Technician
Located in Indianapolis, IN
Salary: $17-22 BOE
Waste Treatment Technician
Pay: $17-22 Based on Experience
Where: East side of Indy
Temp to perm opportunity
- Maintain readiness of wastewater equipment at all times. Be knowledgeable of, and be able to communicate instructions for, proper segregation of all waste streams. Strong communication and coordination of wastewater activities with coordinators and other production personnel is required.
- Understand requirements of WW Pretreatment Discharge Permit as it affects pretreatment, sampling and disposal of all waste streams flowing to the POTW.
- Understand regulatory requirements for handling, storing and shipping hazardous materials.
- Coordination and completion of all sampling requirements, and preparation for hazardous waste, non-hazardous waste and recycled material pick-ups. This includes scheduling disposal, calling in the pick-ups, labeling, and preparing manifests.
- Maintain and inspect 90-day storage areas, chemical storage areas, solvent room, and drum storage on dock.
- Systematically reduce water consumption and chemical usage within waste treatment activities and other operational processes through team involvement, with a focus on chemical and chemical treatment costs, and extending chemical life in the processing areas.
- Work with maintenance department to maintain and improve waste treatment equipment.
- Maintains department hours and schedules overtime when authorized, as customer requires.
- Continuous improvement of various techniques performed within the duties of the department to improve productivity, efficiency, and the cost-effectiveness of the process.
- Continuous performance of administrative tasks associated with the department, including processing (and maintenance if required) of any records generated from these tasks.
- Supervise and assist in spill prevention, control, and cleanup. Direct the efforts of the departmental hazardous material coordinators to ensure all measures are taken to minimize risk to employees and the facility.
- Maintain and inspect Mechanical Clean Room and Dry Film Room outside air filters for proper operation and environmental compliance.
- Prior plumbing experience
- IDEM Wastewater Treatment Operator Certification and Hazwoper Certification preferred
- Technical understanding
- Able to work with minimal oversight
Call or text 317-251-3608.
E-mail resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
(Live in/near Greenfield? Call 317-251-3608 to schedule an appointment!)
Benefits Available to Eligible Express Associates:
- Medical and Dental
- Holiday Pay (6 Days Observed)
- 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan
- Vision/Eyewear Plan
- Life Insurance
- Prescription Drug Reimbursement
- Short-Term Disability
- Referral Bonuses
- PerksAtWork access for discounts on 1000s of items
- Employee Assistance Program
- Access to 100+ free courses on ExpressLearn
Express Office: Indianapolis (East)
5060 East 62nd Street
Indianapolis, IN 46220