Administrative Assistant/Accounting Clerk
Located in Shreveport, LA
Accounting Clerk Overview:
Professional fit is extremely important.
Candidates will be given an honesty and integrity profile test. Questionable answers will be evaluated through further questioning by their security guard.
All employees need to be able to be cross-trained in other areas - all have to have sales/customer service skills.
Schedule- will include every other Saturday, 9am to 2:30pm. NO vacation allowed during holiday season (between November 1 and January 1). And the business is open on Sundays during the holiday season. There is OT during the holidays - the rest of the year is not in excess of 40 hours - so weeks where Saturday is worked will get a day during the week off.
The client reviews resume for professionalism (spelling/grammar errors) and work history gaps.
Accounting Clerk Skills & Qualifications:
- Need 1-3 years experience with A/P and A/R
- Vendor relations
- Inventory control and sales tax
- Needs great administrative skills
- Relative inventory control experience,
- HR Experience is a major plus
Accounting Clerk Duties & Responsibilities:
- Using bookkeeping databases, spreadsheets and software. Must be proficient in Excel
- Posting financial transactions using appropriate computer software
- Receiving and recording vouchers, cash and checks
- Entering debits and credits into software applications and databases accurately
- Producing a variety of reports including income statements and balance sheets
- Checking for accuracy in reports, figures and postings
- Reconciling and reporting any discrepancies found in the records
Express Office: Shreveport
1409 East 70th Street
Shreveport, LA 71105