$20.00 p/hour - Maintenance Technician
Located in Saco, ME
Salary: $20.00 per hour
Currently seeking a Maintenance Technician to join our growing team! We're a local seafood company is a rapidly growing the wholesale lobster business up and down the coast of Maine! As the largest lobster processing facility in the State, we have quickly become a leading seafood exporter, shipping millions of pounds of live lobster, fresh HPP, cooked and whole frozen lobster meat to nearly every corner of the world. With over 100 employees, our team-based employee model makes for a competitive, fast paced work environment with tremendous growth opportunities.
Maintain a clean, safe, and efficient facility always by spearheading key maintenance issues that could pose potential risks to our facility, employees, and our day-to-day operations. Identify needs and carry out a preventative maintenance/inspection program designed to reduce delays within the production arena.
Pay: Starting at $20.00 p/hour
Schedule: 1st Shift, starting at 6:00am, Monday - Friday
Full Time/Long Term Position
- Paid Time Off: All hourly employees start off with 2 weeks' paid time off, which increases over time.
- Medical Coverage: We contribute a generous amount per month to your Harvard Pilgrim medical coverage. The best part? We have a plan that is $0.29/week cost to our team members!
- Vision Dental & Life Insurance: Competitive and affordable group rates for vision, dental, disability and life insurance.
- Paid Parental Leave: Up to six weeks of paid parental leave to eligible employees.
- 401(k) Plan: We offer a plan through Fidelity with 100% company match up to 4% and 50% match up to 6%
- Employee share Ownership Plan (ESOP): We contribute 15% employer match towards stock ownership, up to $225, after 6 months.
- Referral Bonus: We want to reward you for referring friends! We offer a $300 referral bonus, with no limit of how many people you can refer to.
- Opportunities for Growth: We are growing quickly and have opportunities to learn new skills and move up!
- Maintain all assets for production ensuring that our operations are as efficient as possible
- Maintain a clean, safe, and well-organized shop
- Reduce/eliminate delays caused by facility and equipment
- Daily review of Equipment & Facility Condition Reports
- Repair pallet jacks as needed
- Do PM’s as requested from maintenance manager and maintenance software
- Check scales, re-calibrate as needed
- Responsible for contacting Tech Services and maintenance manager regarding any machine issues
- Learn basic functions of our wastewater treatment facility and monitor daily
- Inspect equipment for maintenance needs
- Take inventory and organize maintenance tools
Knowledge & Skills Requirements
- Basic experience in most but preferably all fields related to maintenance work, including mechanics, plumbing, electrical, pneumatic, and hydraulic skills
- Ability to work a flexible schedule (6 AM to 4 PM typically)
- Ability to speak English (Intermediate required)
- Motivated to work hard in a fast-paced, rapidly growing company
- Must perform duties in an independent manner with minimal direction and supervision
- Prolonged periods standing and walking
- Must be able to lift to 100 pounds at times
- Manual dexterity as needed to operate a variety of machinery and equipment
- Must be able to work in a variety of weather conditions and tolerate exposure to typical noises and smells associated with the plant
Express Office: Portland
49 Dartmouth Street
Portland, ME 04101