Located in Shreveport, LA
Provide support for engineering activities, and will prepare plans, layouts and details used in preparation and design of civil engineering projects provided by the Design Engineer or lead CAD Designer
• Develop computer generated manufacturing drawings, isometrics, details, and data sheets.
• Communicate effectively and work with other members of the design
• Research and recommend resolutions to drawing interpretation problems, conflicts, interference's and errors.
• Verify all completed work complies with applicable specifications, customer drawings, codes, etc.
• Perform continuous design improvement on products.
• Other duties as needed.
REQUIREMENTS (Education, Experience, Certifications, And Other Skills)
• Associates Degree a plus.
• 2+ years’ experience in the building industry a plus.
• Excellent working knowledge of Autocad preferably in mechanical.
• Basic understanding or willingness to learn regulatory standards, construction codes, and specifications.
• Generate BOM (Bill of Material) for projects to some extent, understand units of measurement, calculate quantities of materials needed.
• Be able to follow instructions and self-initiate tasks to further progress of projects.
• Be able to work in a fast-paced manufacturing environment to support production in a timely manner.
• Excellent verbal and written communication, decision making, and electrical aptitude.
• Modular Building experience preferred • Ability to effectively manage work to achieve required timelines
• Strong interpersonal/human relations skills
• Strong analytical and creative problem-solving skills
• Must be able to pass a drug test and background check
• Ability to work safely PHYSICAL DEMANDS
• General Office Functions (desk work, typing, sitting, etc.)
• Occasionally make visits to the production floor to verify or clarify drawings, dimensions, or issues that arise.
• Working conditions are a normal office environment directly adjacent to a manufacturing facility. The position may occasionally require evening and weekend work
Express Office: Shreveport
1409 East 70th Street
Shreveport, LA 71105