Neighborhood Safety and Security Officer - $6K Sign-On Bonus
Located in Spokane, WA
Salary: $20 / hr + $6K Sign-On Bonus
Neighborhood Safety & Security Officer
This position is responsible for safety, security and operations support in the neighborhoods surrounding House of Charity, and other Catholic Charities Eastern Washington programs. Shifts may vary.
Why You’ll Love This Job:
- Work for a well known non-profit
- Help people in need
- Team-oriented position!
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Ensures that the rules are being observed and that it is a safe environment for residents, patrons, staff, guests and volunteers. Maintain safety and security by monitoring all general access areas and the surrounding neighborhood
- Completes and submits all reports/memos within twenty-four hours of the incident. All reports are resulted from neighborhood patrols, calls from tenants or staff and interactions with neighboring businesses daily, weekly, monthly, as requested by CHC Leadership
- Enforces the no-loitering policy on all neighborhood property within the boundaries of the established neighborhood. This includes those residing in their car. Safety staff makes note of maintenance issues such as graffiti that needs to be addressed and picks up garbage while patrolling the neighborhood
- Narcotic or intoxicating substance, Trespassing, Urinating/Defecate in public, contact individuals with open containers of alcohol, Disorderly Conduct, Fighting, Simple Assault, Theft, CIT Response, Burglary, obstruction, interfering with Official Duty, and other predatory individuals coming on to the properties of the neighborhood. While keeping individuals known to have weapons under surveillance, making police calls as necessary
- As a mandated reporter, follows all procedures outlined in agency policies and procedures to report to the proper agency when there is suspicion and/or confirmation that a child or adult has been a victim of abuse or neglect
- An individual should have an associate degree in Criminal Justice or related field
- Minimum 1 year (12 months) prior security experience
- Ability to compassionately interact with the mentally ill, substance abusers and homeless populations
- Must be able to obtain a special commission from the Spokane Police Department within 12 months of employment
- Valid Driver's License required
MORE WAYS TO APPLY!
- Call our office at 509-747-6011 for a phone interview today!
- Download the ExpressJobs App and apply directly from your mobile device.
- Complete an online application at www.expresspros.com - submit it to the Spokane, WA location
Express Employment Pros can help you find the type of job that is a suitable fit for your needs and abilities, and you'll never pay a fee for our services and support! We're locally owned and operated with the support and stability of an international headquarters with four decades of staffing and HR expertise. It's the best of both worlds - small business flexibility, big company resources. We are ISO certified and follow all government guidelines. For a list of many of our open positions please visit: Express Spokane Job Openings
Express Office: Spokane
331 West Main
Spokane, WA 99201