Torch Cutter - $17 to $18/hr
Located in Frankfort, NY
A local company is looking for up to 4 people to fill their Torch Cutter role for multiple shifts. The Torch Cutter will be responsible for cutting material required by customer specifications using an oxygen or propylene torch, including hand, plasma and auto torches.
- Examine metal to ensure it meets proper specifications prior to starting work on it.
- Operate various torches for cutting various sizes of metal to specified dimensions.
- Responsible for cleaning and maintaining assigned PPE and equipment.
- Responsible for cleaning and maintaining work area
- Locate material and bring to torch booth using forklift
- Must be medically qualified to wear a respirator and be able to pass a respiratory fit test.
- At least 1 year previous torch cutting, burner or welding experience preferred.
- Experience working with scrap metal preferred
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time
- Ability to work in a booth environment
- Ability to lift and carry materials and equipment up to 50 lbs
- Ability to operate cutting torch safely and efficiently
- Must be certified to operate forklift
- Must be able to operate hoists and other material moving aids
- 1st Shift: 5AM - 3:30PM, Monday - Thursday (OT available on Friday) 7AM - 3:30PM, Monday - Friday
- 2nd Shift: 3PM - 1:30AM Monday - Thursday (OT available before shift)
- 1st Shift: $17/hr
- 2nd Shift: $18/hr
Candidates will have to pass a pre-employment background check, drug test and Medical Surveillance testing.
Please visit www.expressmohawkvalley.com to apply or contact Express Employment Professionals at 315-790-5723 for more information.
Express Employment Professionals is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Express Office: Utica/Rome
The Landmarc Building
118 Columbia Street, Suite 103
Utica, NY 13502