Marketing and Events Manager - Deschutes Children's Foundation
Located in Bend, OR
Salary: Competitive comp & benefits!
Don’t miss out on this exciting opportunity to make a difference in one of Central Oregon’s most impactful non-profit organizations and elevate it to even greater heights! If you are passionate about children, families, and the greater Central Oregon community, this may be your next calling!
Who We Are:
We envision a community where all children and families have the resources they need to thrive! Since 1990 Deschutes Children’s Foundation (DCF) has been providing classroom, office space and facility management at a fraction of market rates for a carefully chosen group of programs in order to build a foundation of success for local nonprofits providing invaluable support to the children and families of Central Oregon. In the last year we saved our partners over $1.2 million and provided the opportunity for over 60,000 campus visits. Learn more about DCF at: www.deschuteschildrensfoundation.org.
Where You Get to Live!
Bend, Oregon is the mountain town that has it all! Located in the shadows of the Cascade Mountains and surrounded by numerous lakes and rivers, Central Oregon is an outdoor enthusiast’s paradise. Check out the sights and sounds of Bend at: https://vimeo.com/200038114.
What You Get to Do!
Develop materials and implement processes involved in corporate and foundation relations such as prospecting new potential partners, maintaining existing relationships, and significantly increasing current partnerships. This position works in conjunction with the Executive Director in setting and achieving annual revenue goals in the areas of fundraising events, individual and corporate donations, and passive fundraising.
- Communicate Deschutes Children’s Foundation’s mission and values to the public, donors, and key stakeholders.
- Work closely with Executive Director on the development of the organization’s annual budget.
- Work closely with Executive Director, development committee, event committee members and board members to plan and execute fundraising events to meet event fundraising goals.
- Involvement in all fundraising events including creating all event communications.
- Plan and execute a grant procurement plan that begins with working closely with Executive Director and Operations Supervisor to set program goals and funding needs for the year.
- Develop and execute a grant management calendar that tracks the submission and reporting on all grants, ensuring all tasks are tracked and noted in system.
- Research new grant possibilities and provide advice/opinions about new grant potential.
- Plan and execute individual giving campaigns and events to meet individual giving goals.
- Plan and implement donor communications providing stewardship that builds the agency’s base of support working with development committee to create needed collateral.
- Oversee all third-party fundraising efforts maximizing their success and stewarding those interested in raising funds on behalf of Deschutes Children’s Foundation.
- Provide reporting on fundraising activities at board and staff meetings.
- Develop collaborative partnerships with agency staff, board members, volunteers, media contacts, consultants, vendors and other not for profit organizations in an ongoing effort to establish and develop professional links within the community.
- Produce an annual and mid-year report.
- Assist in the management of the Gala Committee.
What You Will Bring:
- Bachelor’s degree or four years of professional experience in fundraising or nonprofit management.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong project management, administrative and organizational skills, including supervision of employees, vendors, suppliers, volunteers, or consultants.
- Proficient use of computer and database experience.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and effectively prioritize time for optimal results.
- Knowledge and passion for the mission of Deschutes Children’s Foundation!
For confidential consideration, please submit resume to email@example.com
Express Office: Bend
61379 South Highway 97
Bend, OR 97702