Entry Level Mechanic -$17-$18/hr
Located in Brighton, MI
A premier rail industry manufacturing company located in the Brighton area is searching for qualified candidates to fill entry level mechanic positions.
These are evaluation to hire positions offering long-term and permanent career opportunities within a company offering training for advancement!
Schedule: 6:00am – 2:30pm (Monday – Friday, overtime mandatory if needed)
Pay: $17.00-$18.00/hr depending on experience
- Engine Tear down. Must Qualify components by measuring etc. (will shadow an experienced person)
- Part Washing Machine and Cleaning. Sand blasting of engine blocks and oil pan housings:
- Machining/ Boring of Cylinder Sleeves, Grind Valves and cut piston rings on manual machinery (Trained)
- MIG Welding using portable welders (Trained)
- Torch and Plasma Cutting (Trained)
- Machinists are cross trained to do several jobs. Associates will be given a lot of opportunity to learn. Good work ethic and willingness to learn.
- Good Mechanical Aptitude Required.
- Auto Engine Mechanic background (at dealer or auto shop) is ideal
- Machinating background using manual lathes and Bridgeport is beneficial
- Micrometers, Calipers, and hand measurement usage are required.
- MIG Welding using portable welders is beneficial
- Sheet metal Fab is beneficial
- High School Diploma or vocational cert required.
To Apply: please send resumes to this job posting or call Angela at 517-546-5627 to discuss details
Express Office: Howell (Brighton)
2160 Grand River Annex
Brighton, MI 48114