HR Payroll Administrator
Located in Shreveport, LA
Salary: $50,000 + DOE
The Payroll & HR Administrator is responsible to maintaining company payroll, payroll tax filings, and all company HR files for compliance. In this role you will enter weekly payroll, involving several compensation types, and must be diligent in maintain accuracy. You will also report and file quarterly 941 payroll tax filings. The company uses multiple payroll software systems, but all reporting is done through QuickBooks. In addition to payroll, this person is responsible for all HR processing of new employees, Scheduling employees for compliance requirements and enrolling them in company benefit packages.
Preferably the ideal candidate for this position would have prior experience in either the Oil & Gas or Construction Industry to properly understand their software and depreciation of machines/contracts.
- Manage and guarantee disbursement of weekly payrolls, including garnishments, benefits, taxes and any irregular payments.
- Calculate wages and ensure that employees get paid correctly and on schedule.
- Calculating, deducting and processing taxes and social security withholdings, as well as other company-offered benefits.
- Responsible for all aspects of managing employee salary data, ensuring timesheets are accurate and payments are made on time.
- Prepare reports for weekly, quarterly and yearly payroll reviews for ESR services
- Make sure account balances are correct and resolve payroll errors
- Ensure accuracy of other payments & deductions calculated by the system
- Payroll Tracking on profit sheet Compilation and processing of transactional Payroll and/or Time Data
- Ensure accuracy of employee and employer contributions for statutory requirements
- Reconciliation and payment of payroll related invoices, benefits.
- Review all wage and tax registers and assist management and Tax area in the quarter end and yearend processes
- Provide necessary reconciliation information to the Accounting Department, and inputting third-party relocation payments
- Report total of cash requirements and PEO invoice totals -send weekly to management
- Collaborate with other teams within the organization as needed such as HR, Accounting and Internal Audit, to drive business results
- Administer and maintain employee benefit programs
- Administer FMLA and leave of absence requests
- Direct and plan the day-to-day operations of group benefits programs
- Process monthly billing reconciliations for each benefit carrier. Maintain statistical data relative to premiums
- Process reasonable accommodation requests and ensure ADA compliance
- New Employee Process – Order criminal background checks, motor vehicle reports. Utilize E-verify system for new hires. Prepare materials and conduct New Hire Orientation. Verification of paperwork completed by new employee; code new hire data for payroll set up.
- Employee Changes - Receive, verify information on employee changes being made to classification, status, job title, pay, supervisor, LOAs, terminations and will code applicable information related to changes being made. May review payroll reports and follow up with managers with inquiries, clarifications.
- Employee Assistance - Responds to employment related inquiries including benefits, company policies.
- Two-four years of employee benefits administration experience required
- Two-four years of payroll experience required
Express Office: Shreveport
1409 East 70th Street
Shreveport, LA 71105