Substance Use Disorder (SUD) Assessor
Located in Birmingham, AL
Salary: $20.00 - $27.00 /hr., DOE
$20.00 - $27.00 /hr. to start, depending on experience.
TWO SHIFTS AVAILABLE:
- PART TIME ($22.60 to start) – every other weekend: 7:00am - 7:30pm, 7:00 pm – 7:30 am
Check Out These Full Time Benefits!
- BCBS medical and dental insurance
- Retirement plan through the state Retirement Systems of Alabama
- Cafeteria Plan which allows you to deduct insurance premiums AND CHILDCARE COSTS on a “pre-tax” basis (saves you moola!)
- 13.5 PAID LEAVE DAYS; ramps up to 19.5 days …
- PLUS 13.5 paid Sick Days per year…
- PLUS 3 Personal Days per year + 1 Employee Appreciation Day…
- PLUS 12 paid Holidays per year!
Summary of Responsibilities – The assessment, admission, and/or referral of clients presenting to the center for substance use services; development of treatment plans, implementation of direct clinical services such as individual and/or group therapy, and initiation of discharge plans for clients admitted to the center.
Here’s Your Day-to-Day:
- Responsible for the overall planning and coordination of admissions to the center.
- Work directly and harmoniously with the center psychiatrist, Certified Registered Nurse Practitioners (CRNPs), Clinician, Case Manager and all members of the nursing staff.
- Work directly and harmoniously with the Crisis Care Center psychiatrist, Certified Registered Nurse Practitioners (CRNPs), Clinician, Case Manager, and all members of the nursing staff.
- Responsible for conducting initial intake assessments such as but not limited to substance use assessments, telehealth services with law enforcement/ hospitals, and other individualized assessments, creating recovery-oriented treatment plans and the initiation of discharge planning.
- Responsible for provision of direct clinical services, including brief crisis intervention and group counseling as indicated by individual need.
- Coordinate ongoing care with emergency departments, hospitals, community health/mental health/substance use providers as needed.
- Develop contacts and refer clients on as needed basis to other community mental health/substance use providers for ongoing treatment
- Provide accurate documentation in debriefing for daily/weekly reports and/or treatment team meetings as stipulated by program demands.
Here's What Makes YOU a Great Candidate:
- Education: Master’s Degree from an accredited college or university in a human services field (i.e., Psychology, Counseling, Social Work, Marriage, Family Therapy). PLEASE HAVE COPY OF DIPLOMA WITH YOU FOR INTERVIEW.
- Licensure preferred but NOT required (LMSW, LAPC, LAMFT, LICSW, LPC, LMFT. WILLING TO work towards licensure per ADMH guidelines (mental health & substance use).
- MUST BE proficient in the ASAM assessment process.
- Valid driver’s license & good driving record (able to be insured).
- Demonstrable knowledge of sound mental health practices and procedures.
- Demonstrable knowledge of therapeutic techniques used in social, group and family treatment programs.
- Demonstrated ability to obtain information about and interpret information in terms of the client’s substance use history and dependence
- Knowledge of and ability to address trauma & SUD related issues.
- Trained in or willing to be trained in crisis intervention, specifically Therapeutic Options
- Strong organizational skills as well as the ability to clearly and effectively communicate (verbal & written); accurate/effective documentation.
- Knowledge of the special needs and behavioral characteristics of individuals who are dually diagnosed with mental illness and substance use disorders.
- Ability to organize, coordinate and manage admissions to the Crisis Care Center in a timely and expedient manner.
- Ability to provide psychoeducation trainings/presentations (preferred)
If seriously interested in this job, please apply any of 3 ways – WE WILL CALL YOU BACK:
- Email resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org and please put “SUD Assessor” in the Email Subject.
- Apply online – click the button below to get started.
- You can also call me afterwards at 205-981-1141, ext. 410.
Express Office: Birmingham (South)
200 Cahaba Park Circle
Birmingham, AL 35242