Clinician / Assessment and Treatment Development
Located in Birmingham, AL
PART TIME ($22.60 to start) – every other weekend (Saturday & Sunday): 7:00 am – 7:30 pm; 7:00 pm – 7:30 am
Summary of Responsibilities – The assessment, admission, and/or referral of clients presenting to the center; responsible for development of treatment plans, implementation of direct clinical services such as individual and/or group therapy, and initiation of discharge plans for clients admitted to the center.
Here’s Your Day-to-Day:
- Responsible for the overall planning and coordination of admissions to the center.
- Work directly and harmoniously with the center psychiatrist, Certified Registered Nurse Practitioners (CRNPs), Substance Use Disorder (SUD) Assessor, and all members of the nursing staff.
- Responsible for conducting initial intake assessments (such as but not limited to biopsychosocial assessments), substance use assessments, telehealth services with law enforcement/hospitals, and other individualized assessments, creating recovery-oriented treatment plans and the initiation of discharge planning.
- Responsible for provision of direct clinical services, including individual therapy, group therapy and crisis intervention as indicated by individual need.
- Coordinate ongoing care with emergency departments, hospitals, community health/mental health providers as needed.
- Provide accurate documentation in debriefing for daily/weekly reports and/or treatment team meetings as stipulated by program demands.
Here's What Makes YOU a Great Candidate:
- Education: Master’s Degree from an accredited college or university in a human services field (i.e., Psychology, Counseling, Social Work, Marriage and Family Therapy). PLEASE HAVE COPY OF DIPLOMA WITH YOU FOR INTERVIEW.
- Licensure preferred but NOT required (LMSW, LAPC, LAMFT, LICSW, LPC, LMFT. WILLING TO work towards licensure per ADMH guidelines (mental health & substance use).
- Valid driver’s license & good driving record (able to be insured).
- Demonstrable knowledge of sound mental health practices and procedures.
- Demonstrable knowledge of therapeutic techniques used in social, group and family treatment programs.
- Knowledge of and ability to address trauma & substance use related issues.
- Trained in or willing to be trained in crisis intervention, specifically Therapeutic Options
- Strong organizational skills as well as the ability to clearly and effectively communicate both orally and in writing.
- Accurate and effective documentation.
- Knowledge of the special needs and behavioral characteristics of individuals who are dually diagnosed with mental illness and substance use disorders.
- Ability to organize, coordinate and manage admissions to the center.
- Ability to provide psychoeducation trainings/presentations (preferred).
If seriously interested in this job, please apply any of 3 ways – WE WILL CALL YOU BACK:
- Email resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org. PLEASE PUT “Clinician” in the Email Subject.
- Apply online – click the button below to get started.
- You can also call me afterwards at 205-981-1141, ext. 410.
Express Office: Birmingham (South)
200 Cahaba Park Circle
Birmingham, AL 35242