Front Desk Specialist - Clinic
Located in Birmingham, AL
Salary: Up to $17.47/hr., dep on exper
$15.00 - $17.47 /hr. to start, depending on experience. SHIFTS AVAILABLE: Part Time night shift every other weekend, 7:00 pm - 7:30 am. Homewood, AL
Check Out These Full Time Benefits!
- BCBS medical and dental insurance
- Retirement plan through the state Retirement Systems of Alabama
- Cafeteria Plan which allows you to deduct insurance premiums AND CHILDCARE COSTS on a “pre-tax” basis (saves you moola!)
- 13.5 PAID LEAVE DAYS; ramps up to 19.5 days …
- PLUS 13.5 paid Sick Days per year…
- PLUS 3 Personal Days per year + 1 Employee Appreciation Day…
- PLUS 12 paid Holidays per year!
Here's What Makes YOU a Great Candidate:
- Education: High school graduate or GED. PLEASE HAVE COPY OF DIPLOMA or GED CERTIFICATE WITH YOU FOR INTERVIEW.
- Recent experience: 1 year min. at office front desk or office/admin setting
- A PLUS if knowledge of community psychiatric providers & services
- Knowledge/experience using MS Office - Word & Excel
- Strong keyboard/typing skills (prefer 40 wpm)
- Strong attention to detail; time management & work priority skills
- Ability to admit clients, scan documents into electronic health record system, retrieve medical records from system
- Ability to maintain confidentiality & abide by laws & regulations re: release of medical records
- Working knowledge of office devices and processes
- Excellent communication skills - verbal & written
- Trained in or willing to be trained in crisis intervention, specifically Therapeutic Options
Here's What You’ll Be Doing – Handle daily registration of all individuals seeking treatment services and involves various secretarial duties in a crisis setting. Work requires initiative and independent judgment in the handling of delegated administrative duties. Confidentiality and discretion are essential in this position.
- Register and complete intake forms for processing of individuals presenting for assessment and/or admission to the Center including obtaining copies of identification and any necessary paperwork to complete intake process
- Complete point of entry in Avatar to ensure accurate processing of individuals receiving services
- Answer multi-line phone system; greet visitors and callers, handle their inquiries, and direct them to the appropriate persons
- Provide community resource assistance to the public and other service providers
- Utilize filing and retrieval systems to reference client history
- Make copies of correspondence and other printed material; provide admin support to Center staff
- Distribute incoming mail and other material; receipt & deposit monies collected
- Maintain fax machine, laser printers, photo copier, and other office equipment as needed
If seriously interested in this job, please apply any of 3 ways – WE WILL CALL YOU BACK:
- Email an updated resume to: email@example.com. PLEASE PUT “Front Desk Care Center” in the Email Subject.
- Apply online – click the button below to get started.
- You can also call me afterwards at 205-981-1141, Option 2.
Express Office: Birmingham (South)
200 Cahaba Park Circle
Birmingham, AL 35242