Housekeeping - Healthcare Clinic
Located in Birmingham, AL
Salary: $13.00 - $17.00, dep on exper.
IMMEDIATE OPENINGS FOR THE FOLLOWING SHIFTS at a new mental health clinic in Homewood AL:
- FULL TIME ($13-$17 to start)- 2 shifts: Mon-Fri, 3:00 pm - 11:30 pm, and 11:00 pm - 7:30 am.
- PART TIME, every other weekend ($16 to start)- 3 shifts: 7:00 am - 3:30 pm, 3:00 pm - 11:30 pm, 11:00 pm - 7:30 am
Check Out These FULL TIME Benefits!
- BCBS medical and dental insurance
- Retirement plan through the state Retirement Systems of Alabama
- Cafeteria Plan which allows you to deduct insurance premiums AND CHILDCARE COSTS on a “pre-tax” basis (saves you moola!)
- 13.5 PAID LEAVE DAYS; ramps up to 19.5 days …
- PLUS 13.5 paid Sick Days per year…
- PLUS 3 Personal Days per year + 1 Employee Appreciation Day…
- PLUS 12 paid Holidays per year!
Here's What Makes YOU a Great Candidate:
- Education: High school graduate or GED. PLEASE HAVE COPY OF DIPLOMA or GED CERTIFICATE WITH YOU FOR INTERVIEW.
- General knowledge of janitorial, housekeeping or environmental services
- Must be able to function under limited supervision, exercise creativity, have strong attention to detail
- Able to determine appropriate action in more complex situations
- Able to maintain a positive attitude & work well within a team
- **Able to maintain confidentiality
- Good communication skills – verbal & written
- Able to prioritize your work; manage multiple and simultaneous responsibilities
- Trained in or willing to be trained in crisis intervention, specifically Therapeutic Options
Here's What You’ll Be Doing – On a timely basis, perform day-to-day cleaning of all areas of the facility by performing routine cleaning of client rooms, nursing units, offices, clinical areas, waiting areas, lobbies, lounges, restrooms, and corridors. Must demonstrate the ability to utilize the appropriate chemicals and supplies according to procedure.
- Responsible for timely cleaning of rooms of discharged clients to ensure resources are accessible for new admissions
- Performs routine cleaning of client rooms, nursing units, offices, clinical areas, waiting areas, lobbies, lounges, restrooms, and corridors in a clean, neat, and sanitary manner
- Clean, mop, disinfect and sanitize all surfaces and objects as required; store all equipment at end of shift
- Monitor and replenish supplies and report on the inventory of cleaning supplies
- Respond to calls for housekeeping problems that require immediate attention
- Utilize/maintain the appropriate equipment, chemicals and supplies per procedure
- Reports safety hazards as appropriate to supervisor
- Transports trash and hazardous waste to appropriate disposal area
- Follows all infection control practices including hand washing techniques, standard universal precautions for cleaning bodily fluids and adhere to isolation precautions
- Assist with laundry management, including washing, drying, etc. if needed
- Perform detailed deep cleans when required
If seriously interested in being a part of this great new community resource, please apply any of 3 ways – WE WILL CALL YOU BACK:
- Email an updated resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org - PLEASE PUT “Clinic Housekeeping” in the email subject, and note what shift you're apply for.
- Apply online – click the button below to get started.
- You can also call us afterwards at 205-981-1141, Option 2.
Express Office: Birmingham (South)
200 Cahaba Park Circle
Birmingham, AL 35242