Forklift Operator/Service Associate (Union Position)
Located in Utica, NY
§ Basic Functions:
Pull parts, prepare kits, package items for shipping, drive tow motor, write up bills of lading, load and unload trailers from plant. Receiving parts to include inspection, warehousing of product, verify received quantities vs. packing lists (100% physical verification), report any damage, send accepted product to designated inventory locations (lifting over 70lbs). Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Must be able to read and write English.
- A High School Diploma or GED is recommended.
- Must have good working knowledge of basic math, must be able to read and use blueprints, measuring equipment and a computer.
- Must learn kit product line.
§ Principal Accountabilities
1. Pulls orders accurately in preparation for shipment and may verify incoming shipments.
2. Counts, weighs and identifies items in shipping and receiving departments.
3. Loads, unloads, unpacks and shelves, locates merchandise in proper storage location both physically and in the system to ensure inventory accuracy.
4. Inspects and ensures quality against vendors, invoices, bill of lading, customer’s orders, etc. Purchase orders received in a timely manner. Receive transfers in and run in-transit report to ensure all transferred parts are received.
5. May handle return shipments for repairs.
6. Occasionally assemble b-oil bases, ignition kits, phase controls and may convert burner.
7. May have to drill miscellaneous orifices.
8. Obey and follow all plant and safety rules.
9. Receive order for kit preparation.
10. Pull parts from stock.
11. Stock kit assembly operations with parts as needed.
12. Assemble various kits as required.
13. Prepare kits for shipping.
14. Stock assembly lines if/when needed.
15. Perform other duties as required.
Shift: Monday - Friday, 9:30AM - 6PM
Pay: $16 for the probationary period (90 days) then $19 and brought into the Union.
Please visit www.expressmohawkvalley.com to apply or contact Express Employment Professionals at 315-790-5723 for more information.
Express Employment Professionals is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Express Office: Utica/Rome
The Landmarc Building
118 Columbia Street, Suite 103
Utica, NY 13502