$19.75 per hour - Catering Steward - $500.00 Sign-on Bonus!
Located in Brunswick, ME
Salary: $19.75 per hour
Job Description Summary
Local college with a student population of almost 2000. We make everything from scratch and consistently rated in the top 10 for college dining! We have our own butcher shop, bakeshop, and organic garden that all supply food to our 2 dining halls and 3 retail locations. This position supports our Catering department. Under supervision of the Culinary Manager, Operations Manager and Catering Supervisor provides organizational support for the successful execution of Dining catering events. Acts as team leader, responsible for events logistical and waitstaff support, transportation and set up of food, beverages, and equipment for catering events. Acts as dining contact and service provider during catering functions.
Depending on event assignment, this position may assist to receive daily orders and support the sanitation staff. Tuesday – Saturday 1pm- 9pm with overtime and schedule changes to meet the needs of the operation. Varying shifts including frequent overtime, weekends, holidays, and during weather emergencies. Required to work for major college events and weekends.
Pay: $19.75 per hour
Education and Experience Requirements:
- High School Diploma or G.E.D. required
- Demonstrated reliability and ability to work quickly and efficiently
- Must be able to work independently within a team atmosphere and establish own work plan and priorities to meet frequent deadlines.
- Must demonstrate good personal hygiene practices
- A valid Driver’s License and the ability to meet the eligibility requirements of the College’s current Motor Vehicle Use Policy
- Related food service background required
- Supervisory experience preferred or demonstrated potential
- ServSafe and Responsible Serving Alcohol certification preferred or must be obtained within 1 year of employment (training provided by the college)
- Short Term and Long-Term Disability
- PTO - Paid Time Off (i.e., vacation, personal, and special days off)
- 12 paid holidays
- Shift differentials pay
- Retirement Contribution (after one year of employment)
- Access to events and concerts on campus
- Employee and household will receive access to the fitness center
$500.00 Sign-on Bonus!
- $250.00 on first paycheck
- $250.00 after 90 Days
Express Office: Portland
49 Dartmouth Street
Portland, ME 04101