$18.00 - $22.00 per hour - Machine Operator
Located in Scarborough , ME
Salary: $18.00 - $22.00 per hour DOE
Open Machine Operator position with great pay & benefits!
Machine Operators set-up, operate, and maintain machinery.
- Focus on safety first, quality second, and efficiency last. Besides having excellent written and verbal communication skills, our ideal candidate must be able to demonstrate outstanding physical fitness.
- Comply with all safety and health regulations.
- Set up machinery for operation.
- Start machinery and make adjustments to machinery when necessary to improve performance.
- Operate machinery and equipment according to instructions.
- Troubleshoot issues and perform maintenance.
- Perform quality control, follow reporting and record keeping procedures, and report problems to the supervisor.
- Clean machinery and maintain cleanliness in the work area.
- Work as a team member and help others when needed.
- Identify opportunities to improve.
- Track inventory by identifying, cataloging, and recording the location of inventory.
- Operate various equipment including forklifts to handle steel sheets and coils to load equipment. Equipment is also used to bundle and remove scrap materials.
- Other tasks as assigned by the supervisor.
- Monday - Thursday, 7:00am - 5:00pm and Friday 7:00am - 3:30pm.
- 46 hours per week, with additional overtime available
- This is a full-time long-term position
Pay: $18.00 - $22.00 per hour, depending on previous experience
- Previous machine operating experience in a manufacturing facility, or similar relevant experience.
- Must be detail oriented.
- Understanding of production and plant processes.
- Analytical and numerical skills: ability to perform mathematical calculations (add, subtract, multiply, divide) in different units of measurement
- Ability to follow written and oral instructions
- Ability to work in a team
- Ability to lift up to 75 pounds, to bend, and to stand or walk for long periods of time.
- Willingness to work in shifts (late or early hours, weekends, and overtime if necessary)
- High school diploma or equivalent qualification.
- Occupational Safety & Health Administration (OSHA) forklift certification is an advantage.
- Blueprint reading and knowledge
- Able to read tape measure
- Driver’s License and Vehicle
75% employer contribution for individual care after 90-day probation period.
100% employer contribution for individual care after 5 years and 90 days.
PTO: (Holiday/Vacation/Sick Time)
Year 1 = 96 Hours = 2 weeks 2 days
Year 2 = 136 Hours = 3 weeks 2 days
Year 6 = 176 Hours = 4 weeks 2 days
401k Match: Up to 5%, 1-1 up to 4%, 1/2 -1 up to 5%.
Express Office: Portland
49 Dartmouth Street
Portland, ME 04101