$18.15 per hour - Assistant Fabricator - 1st Shift
Located in Wells, ME
Salary: $18.15 per hour
The primary purpose of this position is to assist in the fabrication of skylight component parts according to production standards and plans.
Schedule: Monday through Thursday from 6:00am - 6:00pm
Pay: $18.15 per hour
This is a Full-Time/Long-Term position with benefits starting at day one!
- Operate various equipment, hand tools and electric tools such as drills, drill press, miter saw, band saw, bending machine and welder.
- Lay out, cut, drill, and fabricate multiple types of extrusion components in compliance with engineering drawings and specifications, to manufacture various custom skylight projects.
- Manufacture projects in a timely manner as determined by the production schedule.
- Responsible for checking both glazing sizes (sample basis) and hardware requirements and reporting any discrepancies.
- Responsible for accurate reporting of material usage, actual cut lengths, labor utilization, completion of paperwork for paint/anodize/finish requirements and additional stock room requests.
- Responsible for in process quality as well as the final quality of their portion of the manufacturing process.
- Responsible for complying with all workplace safety practices and keeping equipment and area clean and orderly.
- Perform similar and related duties within the plant. May be required to perform other tasks as workload dictates.
Benefit offerings - Our ambition of treating employees better than most other companies includes the challenging work environment we strive to create as well as the competitive benefit programs available to employees and their dependents upon joining the Company.
Some of these include:
- Group Health Insurance Plan
- Dental Plan
- Vision Care Plan
- Prescription Drug Card Program
- Long-term Disability
- Short-term Disability
- Life Insurance
- Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
- Cancer Protection Plan
- Company Matched 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Educational Assistance Program
- Paid Company Holidays
- Vacation Day Program
- Sick Day Program
- Service Recognition Program
- And Much More!!
- High School Diploma or GED is preferred
- At least three years of related metal fabrication job experience and/or technical school training is required.
- Functional and technical skills are required
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute ratios and percentages and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Ability to perform the essential functions assigned to the position
- Must be able to lift weights up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift weights up to 100 pounds with assistance.
- The desire and ability to work in a team environment demonstrated through a positive quality, safety, attendance, and good work history
- Compliance with all rules of conduct, safety regulations and policies provided in Employee Handbooks, on Company bulletin boards/announcements, terms/conditions of employment or other means of communication is a requirement of the job
Express Office: Portland
49 Dartmouth Street
Portland, ME 04101