$21.55 per hour - Quality Assurance Technician - 1st Shift
Located in Wells, ME
Salary: $21.55 per hour
The primary purpose of this position is to measure the incoming and process quality of the products according to the product quality activity plans. This individual must be competent in documenting and reporting (to all levels of management) on topics concerning product quality, process improvement, problem areas, corrective actions taken, and initiating problem solving activities. Being able to work in a team atmosphere is an essential aspect of this position.
Schedule: 1st M-Th 6a-430p
Pay: Minimum Start at $21.55 per hour
This is a Full-Time/Long-Term position with benefits that start on day one!
- Carry out all inspections, audits, and tests in the Product Quality Activity Plans.
- Prepare and organize monthly qualify reports presentable to all levels of management.
- Prepare and organize information for oral presentations for team meetings.
- Ability to identify, initiate, and coordinate quality improvement and problem-solving activities replaced to quality or production
- Carry out activities for technical material approval, receiving/test inspection, and assists with external ISO and certification audits.
- Coordinate and work on special projects as needed with minimum supervision.
- Assist with quality training and development for production employees.
- Performs work according to Job Instructions (J.I.’s) assigned to the position
- Performs other assignments as directed by local supervision
- High School Diploma or GED is required
- One to three years quality experience in a production environment is required
- Ability to perform the essential functions assigned to the position
- Understanding of metric measurement systems is required
- Must possess good math and problem-solving skills are required
- Applied computer skills are a must. Proficiency in Excel spreadsheet applications, Microsoft Windows application
- Experience in reading and interpreting product drawings and specifications is required
- Must be able to work overtime and on weekends as needed
- The desire and ability to work in a team environment demonstrated through a positive quality, safety, attendance, and good work history
Benefit offerings - Our ambition of treating employees better than most other companies includes the challenging work environment we strive to create as well as the competitive benefit programs available to employees and their dependents upon joining the Company.
Some of these include:
- Group Health Insurance Plan
- On-site Health Clinic
- Dental Plan
- Vision Care Plan
- Prescription Drug Card Program
- Long-term Disability
- Short-term Disability
- Life Insurance
- Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
- Cancer Protection Plan
- Company Matched 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Educational Assistance Program
- 10 Paid Company Holidays
- Vacation Day Program
- Sick Day Program
- Service Recognition Program
- And Much More
Express Office: Portland
49 Dartmouth Street
Portland, ME 04101