Located in Greenville, IL
We are looking for a Mechanic Assistant to join a growing team. The Mechanic Assistant is responsible for maintenance of mechanical equipment, system diagnosis and repair of breakdowns. Assist with fabricating/welding structures only as needed in the plant or in the maintenance shop. Electrical and PLC experience and troubleshooting. Duties include:
- Conducting preventive maintenance to motors and mechanical equipment.
- Troubleshooting and repairing equipment when breakdowns occur.
- Proficiently use a variety of hand and power tools, and specialized tools and care of those tools.
- Reporting directly to the Maintenance Manager, including project updates, questions, difficulties, and ideas.
- Obtaining daily/weekly goals from Maintenance Manager.
- Taking detailed notes. Asking questions when not confident of a process or project.
- Coming to work in clean and professional attire.
- Enforcing the safety of yourself and other teammates
- Using problem solving skills and critical thinking to learn on the job and complete various types of complex tasks in an efficient and productive process.
- Being aware of current environment, reporting issues or proactive solutions, and helping develop a more robust system/process.
- Asking for what you need or what you believe will help your work or the work of others, safety, quality, and efficiency.
- 2+ years of work experience as a mechanic or electrician in an industrial setting preferred, or Highschool/Trade school mechanical degree graduate preferred
- Fundamental math and writing skills
- Proficiency in maintenance of industrial equipment
- The ability to lift to 50 Lb, and to walk up/downstairs throughout the day
- Must be dependable, deadline-oriented, goal driven, hardworking, with a good attitude and the ability to work well with others
Express Office: Edwardsville
20 Junction Drive West
Glen Carbon, IL 62034