Located in Shreveport, LA
Parts Sales Summary:
Performs varying tasks to assist customers and internal departments to acquire parts, product, units or any other materials needed and maintain parts and product inventory levels.
Parts Sales Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Include the following. Any one position may not include all of the listed duties, nor do all of the listed examples include all tasks which may be found in positions within this classification.
- Answers incoming phone calls from dealers and customers in a professional and courteous manner.
- Load/Unload parts for walk-in traffic from parts sales.
- Deliver parts as necessary and directed by the Parts Manager.
- Collaborates with Shop Technicians as required to pull parts for customer repair orders.
- Collect and compile daily/weekly orders to the vendors including incoming vendor stock orders.
- Processes outgoing/incoming cores.
- Work with the Service Manager in closing WO’s monitoring the proper parts charges to the customers.
- Maintains charges and credits on work orders by ensuring accurate debits/credits on work orders.
- Assist in maintaining and identifying cores being returned to core bins for customer credit or warranty which includes identifying the core on the work order, tagging the core properly and signing the back of the repair order.
- Work with daily reports as directed by the Parts Manager assuring proper credits and charges of cores, returns and purchases.
- Work with on-call schedule as it relates to after-hours support for customers and dealers.
- Work with freight invoices for proper charge and credit.
- Maintain proper working knowledge of Detroit Diesel and Allison parts systems and of current distributor products, stocking procedures, return procedures and sales programs.
- Maintain proper relationship with all vendors in order to enhance the growth of United Engines.
- Handles customer complaints in a professional and courteous manner.
- Produce quotes for products requiring a bidding process and conduct appropriate follow-up.
- Oversee the proper operation of company assets within the parts department.
- Recalibrate ECM’s and ECU’s as prescribed by the Service Department.
- Maintain proper personal and business decorum in order to promote the business within the community.
- Maintain a strong, personal commitment to the safety culture.
- All other duties as assigned.
Parts Sales Competencies
- To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Exhibits efficiency in problem solving by identifying and resolving problems in a timely manner to best meet customer needs.
- Commitment to a standard of excellence in customer service by responding promptly to customer needs and soliciting customer feedback to improve service.
- Shows superior written and oral communication skills, speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations and responds well to questions.
- Contributes to building a positive team environment through commitment, respect and communication.
- Demonstrates professionalism by acting with integrity, high moral standards and personal accountability.
- Shows organizational support by consistently following policy and procedures.
- Measures self against standard of excellence and motivates self to continually achieve.
- Shows adaptability by effectively responding to frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Exhibits superior dependability by consistently arriving to work on time and as scheduled.
Parts Sales Qualifications:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or three to four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- General knowledge of parts and inventory software and programs.
- Must maintain United Engines Forklift Certification License (Training and Certification provided by employer)
Parts SalesPhysical Demands:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Exerts up to 50 lbs of force occasionally. Able to lift 65 pounds from floor to shoulder height rarely.
- Physical strength and ability to perform moderate to heavy manual labor, including frequent bending, stooping, kneeling, crouching, crawling, climbing, balancing, lifting, carrying, and reaching or handling with arms, hand , and fingers.
- Able to climb ladders or steps/stairs to get to equipment.
- Will be required on occasion to work more than 8 hours on shift.
- Manual dexterity sufficient to work with fingers.
- Normal vision with or without corrective lenses.
- Working in the vicinity of hazardous, flammable materials and solvents and engine exhaust fumes, along with refrigeration gases.
Express Office: Shreveport
1409 East 70th Street
Shreveport, LA 71105