Director of Sales and Events
Located in Grand Rapids, MI
Salary: $95,000-$105,000 Annual Salary
The Grand Rapids Downtown Market has exclusively retained Express Employment Professionals in its search for a Director of Sales and Private Events. If you are interested in this opportunity, please submit a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applicants applying directly to The Grand Rapids Downtown Market will be forwarded to Express Employment Professionals for consideration.
Director of Sales and Private Events Summary:
The Grand Rapids Downtown Market is seeking a charismatic and driven sales professional to join their team as a Director of Sales and Private Events. This candidate will be responsible for promoting all aspects of private events held within the Downtown Market venue. The primary functions of this role are to drive revenue by prospecting and fostering relationships with members, individuals, and corporations as well as private event, beverage, and catering program oversight. The ideal candidate will develop and execute sales strategies to achieve revenue target through providing memorable experiences, impeccable service, and opportunities to build meaningful relationships.
If you are a sales professional and an influential leader who values exceptional hospitality experiences through culinary arts in a modern event space, you belong here!
The Grand Rapids Downtown Market offers a competitive benefits package and flexible scheduling.
Director of Sales and Private Events Responsibilities:
Corporate Sales Functions
- Prospect new corporate event sales opportunities, establish and manage client base.
- Build, implement and ensure both short-term and long-term sales strategies.
- Develop and maintain relationships with key clients in order to generate and grow business.
- Manage client correspondence and conduct follow-ups in a timely manner.
- Maintain an extensive network of community connections and strategic partnerships.
- Represent the Downtown Market to the community through market-hosted events.
- Represent company through participation in community events and organizations.
- Prepare client proposals and contracts, and ensure deposits and payments are made in a timely manner.
- Develop and monitor departmental budgets including revenue and expenditures.
- Guide and mentor sales team members to ensure sales growth and goals are met.
- Provide assistance related to and including sales inquiries, lead generation, site tours, contract writing, client communication, troubleshooting and crisis management.
Event Management Functions
- Oversee event logistics and ensure vendor’s flawless execution.
- Oversee, lead and manage Events Department team members including Event Coordinator(s), Private Events Sales Manager, Private Events Manager, and Public Events Manager.
- Act as a role model, mentor and leader for the Events Department while coaching and motivating individual team members.
- Formulate and implement all plans that guide the direction of the department.
- Evaluate the success of direct reports through measurable goals, KPI’s and reporting.
- Lead, guide, direct, and evaluate the work of both direct and indirect reports, while developing staff to the next level.
Strategic Leadership Functions
- Attend and actively participate in leadership meetings, offering ideas, insights and recommendations on organizational policies, operations, staffing, customer and tenant experiences, strategic community partnerships, and other topics that ultimately contributes to the organization''s overall vision, mission, values, beliefs, and strategic goals.
- Ensure alignment of high-level organizational priorities with strong day-to-day operations and help evolve ideas into future-growth initiatives.
- Achieve the organization''s overall strategic goals working to contribute to the profitability of the organization.
- Support both short-term and long-term marketing strategies through events and promotions.
- Work with external clients and vendors to create experiences focused on increased market foot traffic and mission awareness.
Director of Sales and Private Events Qualifications:
- Strong culinary arts knowledge.
- Ambitious, driven, energetic, and determined.
- Bachelor’s degree in Hospitality, Hotel/Restaurant Management, or related discipline a strong asset.
- 5 years event management/planning/directing experience required.
- 5 years relevant corporate event sales experience is required.
- Professional presentation skills with confidence in providing private tours.
- Results oriented with the ability to be flexible, work well under pressure and be accountable to make sound and thoughtful business decisions.
- Ability to successfully manage multiple projects, prioritize and adjust quickly to change while maintaining accuracy and meeting deadlines.
- Charismatic leader that builds trust and engagement by cultivating genuine relationships with external and internal resources.
- Creative and effective leader and team player, possessing a high degree of professionalism, sound human resources management principles, administrative skills.
- Proven track record of strong financial and cost control knowledge.
- Clear, concise written and verbal communication skills.
- Comfortable with sales and revenue systems/programs.
- Ability to work nights and weekends on occasion.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please submit a resume and cover letter to Mina.Stallworth@Expresspros.com. Applicants applying directly to The Grand Rapids Downtown Market will be forwarded to Express Employment Professionals for consideration.
Location: Grand Rapids, MI
About Express Employment Professionals
Since 1996, Express Employment Professionals of Grand Rapids has been empowered by our work of connecting people with great jobs and great companies. We are energized by our mission of helping people be successful. We love making a difference in people’s lives and careers. To us, it’s more than a job, it’s an opportunity. It’s belief in your abilities and in your talents and in you. It’s more than a job. It’s your future.
Express Office: Grand Rapids
1760 44th Street Southwest
Grand Rapids, MI 49519