Electrical Engineer - Alternative Energy Systems
Located in Bend, OR
Salary: Competitive comp & benefits!
This is a mid-level engineering position. The successful candidate will apply fundamentals of electrical circuitry design and documentation to promote more robust, reliable, and regulatory compliant operation of our hydrogen generators. This cross-functional position is a blend of electrical design, control theory, and experimental evaluation. Includes competitive salary, a generous benefits package, and stock options.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Understand the electrical design, controls theory, thermodynamics, and high-level chemistry behind the operation of hydrogen generators. Apply this knowledge to control circuitry and electrical components for future product designs aimed at cost reduction, regulatory compliance, reliability, and greater hydrogen output.
- Conduct detailed analysis of current electrical circuitry and make improvements based upon electrical standards (IEC, ANSI, ISO, etc…), and overall system improvements using off-the-shelf and specialty components that are readily available.
- Create consistent, complete, and professional wiring diagrams and electrical schematics to be included in our documentation packages. Documentation packages are crucial to our technology partners and their ability to understand and manufacture our hydrogen generator systems.
- Carry out analysis of applicable electrical codes for compliance with different regulatory bodies.
- Recommend and implement electrical system upgrades to meet or exceed regulatory requirements for system certification.
- Disseminate knowledge of electrical concepts amongst the engineering team to encourage involvement and understanding of hydrogen generator systems.
- Create cost-benefit analysis on proposed changes/upgrades to our systems in a manner consistent with current documentation practices.
- Draft test plans and review them with the rest of the engineering team to encourage inter-disciplinary learning and consistency in product development direction.
- Occasional travel to customer locations may be required. Annual travel is <10%.
- Self-starter, positive attitude, quick learner.
- Well versed in fundamentals of AC and DC circuit design.
- Experience with any type of controls hardware preferred (PLC, ECM, PCB).
- Fluent in electrical design software (Autocad Electrical, Solid Works, EPLAN Electric, or others).
- Good time management. Ability to multi-task and prioritize as needed.
- Inventive, ingenious, and creative when faced with challenges. A positive can-do attitude is essential.
- Proficient with PowerPoint, Excel, and Word.
- Function smoothly as a team member; respectful of coworkers; solid contributor in a team environment.
- Flexibility to travel domestically and internationally.
Education and Experience
- Minimum BS degree in electrical engineering.
- Minimum 2-years of working experience in field of electrical engineering.
- Prior internship in electrical engineering position preferred.
For Confidential Consideration please send your resume to Chris.Harris@ExpressPros.com
Express Office: Bend
61379 South Highway 97
Bend, OR 97702