Located in Winston-Salem, NC
We are recruiting for multiple fitters/welders to gain long-term full time employment at a large company in Winston-Salem. The positions are 1st shift, 6am-4:30pm, and also some Saturdays.
The pay is in the $16-18 range and once hired long-term, includes health, dental, PTO and many more perks.
PPE is provided except steel toes, which are mandatory.
Job description is as follows:
- Plan and perform a somewhat limited variety and type of fitting operations on a variety of parts such as columns, beams, bracing, posts, trusses, frames, etc., fabricated from steel beams, plates, channels, angles, etc.
- Duties require the use of drawings, sketches, rules, squares, templates, burning torches, welding equipment, hand and power tools, hoists and similar devices.
- Set up and operate burning, fitting and welding equipment. Select wire, tips, current, pressure, amperage, etc. to obtain required weld or cut. Select and fit pieces and parts to prepare sub-assemblies, braces etc. Clamp, hold, tack weld, heat, bend, grind, bolt, etc., component parts to obtain required configuration and position.
- Use care in fitting, burning and welding to prevent warp, shrinkage, distortion, expansion, etc. of material. Mark and/or tag material with proper job number, piece mark and other identifying marks as required.
- Instruct, train and check the work of a helper. Assist the helper or a higher classified in the performance of their duties.
- Keep records of job time, production and other data as required.
- Detect faulty operation of equipment and/or defective materials. Refer questionable cases to Superintendent.
- Maintain work area, tools and equipment in a clean, orderly and proper manner.
- Follow company quality and quantity work requirements and safety rules and regulations.
- Perform these and other duties as required.
Express Office: Winston-Salem
159 Jonestown Road
Winston-Salem, NC 27104