Customer Service Representative - Domestic Division
Located in Redding, CA
Salary: $17-$20 depending on exp
Express Employment Professionals, named ClearlyRated Best of Staffing® Client and Talent Awards winner for the past 7 years, is hiring for a local client company in Shasta County. We help people in our community find work every day. Express Employment Professionals in Redding wants to make a difference locally and across North America. With more than 800 locations across the U.S., Canada, and South Africa, we are on a mission to put a million people to work annually.
About the Client:
This is a large manufacturing client in Shasta County with international locations.
About the Position:
This position requires an emphasis on call center and order entry/processing experience. This position will respond to all customer requests accurately and promptly, and will assist customers with product pricing, availability, delivery and shipping costs, and order status updates. Responsible for processing orders, preparing order acknowledgement forms, packing slips and shipping documentation, and following up with customers as needed.
Job Description/ Responsibilities:
- Process customer orders received via the web, email, fax, and by telephone.
- Enter orders accurately and promptly into the ERP software system.
- Prepare order acknowledgement form and packing slip regarding products, prices, availability, and shipping cost. Consult with the Sales/Product Specialist if prepayment has been received.
- Provide clear concise information to customers regarding their technical questions which must be supported by our technical staff; and handle other issues requiring resolution to meet their needs as directed by management.
- Answer all requests for orders, technical questions and customer issues originating from telephone, fax, mail and email in a cheerful, upbeat, timely, efficient and accurate manner. If necessary, consult with management, manufacturing, or other experts within the company.
- Coordinate with the shipping department to determine shipping courier and accurately calculate shipping costs for all orders to appropriate destinations.
- Interact with customers on a regular basis by phone, and occasionally by email to manage the quality and order fulfillment process.
- Prepare and accurately complete order acknowledgement form and packing slip inclusive of the following items: Bill To, Ship To, specific person, fax number, email address, order number, date, terms, shipment delivery time period, validity of quotation, product number, quantity, description, price, total US dollars, additional handling fees hazardous materials fees, (if applicable), insurance, and total cost.
- Ensure order acknowledgement form is submitted to the distribution center for processing.
- Prepare order packet containing the following items: Order acknowledgement form, packing slip, pre-authorization credit card code, and shipping cost for each order. Have order packet ready for the accounting department to review and invoice.
- Prepare and complete acknowledgment letter to customer indicating receipt of order, shipment date of items on hand, items on backorder, confirm or correct pricing, and send via mail or by hard copy if required.
- Follow-up to expedite ordered items with purchasing.
- Complete additional duties and/or tasks as assigned by the Operations Manager.
- Be upbeat and positive. Personally ensure customer enjoys working with our company.
- High school diploma required; college coursework preferred.
- Minimum of 2-5 years of customer service experience is required. Call center and order processing experience preferred.
- Requires excellent interpersonal, communication, and organization skills. Ability to work well with people. Ability to interface successfully with customers, vendors, co-workers and management. Must be able to collaborate and interact successfully with customers, managers and co-workers.
- Excellent computer knowledge, including Windows, MS Word, Excel, Outlook, and internet. Experience with business software programs preferred.
- Must type at least 45 wpm and 10-key by touch.
- A high level of attention to detail and accuracy is required. Good problem solving skills and good judgment.
- Must be able to work in a fast paced environment, learn new things quickly, handle multiple tasks, and prioritize responsibly.
- Must have good math, reading, writing and spelling skills. Must be able to communicate clearly and effectively in the English language, verbally and in writing.
- Must be self-motivated to work independently, as well as work well on a team. Must be results-oriented with a demonstrated track record of success.
- Must have strong attendance record, work ethic, and maintain a positive attitude at all times.
Monday through Friday, 8-hour shift will be between 6:30 a.m. and 4:30 p.m., and may vary based on business needs.
This position includes a generous medical, dental, vision, life insurance, a 401(k) plan with Company match, paid vacation, sick time and holidays.
Pay range is $17.00-$20.00 per hour depending on experience
You are attentive, responsive, and can take control of situations.
You are personable, determined, and driven to make a difference. You can see beyond a problem, respond to situations in crafty ways, and put a positive and professional spin on any situation.
Multitasking and professionalism are natural habits.
You thrive on succeeding, overcoming challenges, and have an exceptional work ethic.
Friends and co-workers describe you as a highly organized and productive person.
You are a team player and an individual performer who can quickly connect with others inside and outside of the company.
You naturally possess a “can get it done attitude” even when the odds are not in your favor.
You are very organized and disciplined and can effectively manage multiple conflicting priorities and deadlines in a rapidly changing environment.
You are reliable and are always looking for what to do next.
You are at least 18 years of age.
Pre-employment screenings if required by the client
Express Employment Professionals – Redding
2697 Victor Avenue
Redding, CA 96002
530-221-7044 call or text
Express Employment Professionals is an equal opportunity Employer.
Express Office: Redding
2697 Victor Avenue
Redding, CA 96002