Accounts Receivable, General Office Clerk
Located in Arleta, CA
Salary: $18 - $22
Day Shift/Full Time
Temp to Hire
An industry leading manufacturer with full-service thread rolling capabilities is looking for an Accounts Receivable, General Office Clerk to join their team in Arleta.
Summary: In this position you will be fully responsible for Accounts Receivable Functions. Includes daily collections, cash receipts, deposit preparation, A/R invoice entry. This position requires critical thinking, problem solving skills and attention to detail. Must have great communication skills with internal and external customers. This role also serves as an auditor, ensuring that invoices are accurate. This is a support position to the Accounting Manager, which also includes cross training with Accounts payable. Understanding the big picture so that you can advance the company mission of delivering excellent service and producing great product will leave room for advancement.
- A/R Invoicing of all Manufacturing and Thread Roll orders shipped daily. This includes preparing shipped orders for pricing, monitoring the pricing procedure, reviewing P.O. requirements, confirming shipment in computer, printing invoices, and Cross-checking invoiced amounts and running all necessary reports.
- A/R credit memo process maintain and update daily.
- Collection of Accounts Receivables.
- Files correspondence and other records.
- Compiles and sorts documents, such as invoices and checks, substantiating business transactions.
- Computes and records charges, refunds, freight charges, rentals and similar items.
- Maintain customer files alphabetically and by Job number. Must keep files in office current, accessible and organized.
- Maintain and monitor all office equipment and arrange for needed service and or service contract i.e. copier.
- Maintain resale card files on all customers and customer taxability status in computer.
- Maintain Petty Cash and reconciliation .
- Maintain credit application process.
- Analyze, problem solving and research, Independent and as a team.
- Follow up and collections on accounts in poor standing and all unfulfilled commitments.
- Maintain all communication actions in the A/R notes in M1.
- Process all Thread Roll and Manufacturing Billing.
- Prepare daily A/R correspondence via mail or email .
- Prepare bank deposit.
- Process customer credit card payments.
- Maintain and monitor all office equipment - schedule needed maintenance or service i.e. copier
- Maintain customer files.
- Files correspondence and other records daily including file cabinet labeling.
- Maintain Outlook Calendar schedule for meeting rooms (Conference & Training Room).
- Greet and Meet visitors in a professional manner .
- Answer incoming calls and direct them to appropriate department.
- Mail and Fax distribution with high level of confidentiality.
- Various accounting and administrative work as assigned.
- Backup Accounts Payables as needed.
- Strong background in A/R collections preferred.
- Phone skills: Polite, helpful and courteous.
- Computer: Microsoft Office, Excel, Outlook, Manufacturing MRP software understanding or a recognized accounting software
- Strong Communication Written and Verbal.
- Time Management.
- Analytical and problem solving.
- Account Reconciliation.
- Positive attitude.
Express Office: Glendale
1209 North Central Avenue
Glendale, CA 91202