Senior Applications Engineer (Direct Hire)
Located in New Boston, MI
Salary: $80,000-$95,000/year DOE
A leading designer and supplier of hydraulic brake hose systems is hiring an experienced Applications Engineer in their New Boston location. Established in 1989, this dynamic supplier offers a range of safety solutions for front and rear braking systems and has established relationships with leading automotive OEMs across the world.
General responsibilities and job functions:
- Support Continuous Improvement program to increase productivity through implementation of one-piece-flow production and Kaizen techniques
- Daily interface with customers to improve profits through change management, design leadership and creativity
- Interfaces with customer engineering to establish customer inputs to DFMEA at Validation Plans
- Assists internal departments as needed to establish internal inputs to APQP processes
- Supports APQP processes for on-time delivery of activities, ensuring “flawless launch” of new product.
- Lead customer routing studies, and provide design solutions for new applications
- Responsible for understanding customer needs for future applications and providing direction and guidance for innovation projects within the company.
- Benchmark competitive product and use VA/VE techniques to achieve “best in class” designs and routings
- Interface with global counterparts to facilitate a global engineering environment.
- Manage customer prototype builds and shipments
- Create and facilitate internal and external technical reviews
- Input design and validation requirements for new business RFQ’s and design changes
- Assist sales staff with technical aspects for presentations and business proposals
- Lead Tech Reviews for new programs at customer location
- Achieve program and departmental budget targets
- Lead internal CAD activities to support 3D and motion packages for releasing into customer’s database
- Ability to function effectively in an automotive industry paced, lean, entrepreneurial team
- This is an in-office position; work from home is not available at this time.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in automotive industry at tier-1 supplier
- Minimum 4 years engineering degree with emphasis in Automotive
- Willingness to achieve minimum Green Belt Certifications in Lean Systems and Six Sigma
- Ability to operate at least one primary CAD application NX or CATIA
- Customer interface experience and solid presentation skills
- Demonstrated launch management skills
- Demonstrated history of preparing technical proposals
- Ability to work independently with periodic direction
- Solid understanding of APQP
- Experienced computer skills including MS Office applications
- Demonstrated verbal and written communication skills
- Valid driver’s license and ability to obtain a passport/visa for travel abroad.
- Minimum Green belt certification in Lean Systems and Six Sigma
- Working level understanding in CATIA, NX and FEA-Based simulation software
- Hydraulic brake hose or brake system experience
This is a direct hire opportunity offering a competitive compensation and benefit’s package including:
- Salary based upon experience and qualifications. Salaried employees paid once a month
- $550 per month ($6,600 per year) for car and phone allowance
- $0.40/mile mileage reimbursement for any business travel required
- Insurance: BCBS of MI Health, Dental, and Vison Insurance
- Flexible spending offered pre-tax with $500.00 roll over
- Employer paid short term disability, employee assistance program, and basic life insurance (1.5x salary)
- Employee paid Voluntary long-term disability, Voluntary Term Life insurance for employee and dependents
- 401k Saving Plan – Employer will match up to 4% of salary
- 3 weeks paid vacation, annually
- 9 Paid Holidays
This is a permanent, direct hire opportunity within a growing organization! If you’re qualified and interested in learning more, please apply for immediate consideration.
Express Office: Rochester Hills
811 E South Boulevard
Rochester Hills, MI 48307