Market Development Manager - NMLS Licensed
Located in Seattle, WA
Salary: Competitive comp & benefits!
Great opportunity to join a high-performance team that is providing private lending solutions for key builder/developer partners!
As a Market Development Manager with you will be a trusted advisor within the communities we operate. You will provide a wide selection of services to business clients through active business development and relationship management. You will primarily deliver construction credit solutions and management services to a portfolio of builder/developer clients.
What You Get to Do!
- Create awareness of the Brand and its services through marketplace activity
- Originate, prepare and present Loan/Project analysis and recommendations on borrowing requests
- Negotiate loan terms and conditions to secure primary project approval with customer
- Conduct credit reviews to ensure compliance with policies and regulations
- Monitor credits through periodic reviews and analysis
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Accountable for the attainment of annual business development goals for loan and deposit production, loan generation, and portfolio retention.
- Promotes sales delivery through aggressive relationship building with centers of influence and home-builder clients and prospects.
- Works with CEO to identify and develop new markets within the Company footprint and expand lending opportunities in accordance with the Company strategic plan.
- Maintains a strong working knowledge of the Company loan products and services.
- Meets with and interviews clients/prospects. Seeks opportunities to build relationships, working within the prescribed framework of the Company policies and procedures to offer flexible and competitive financing solutions, including construction loans.
- Gathers the necessary loan application package/documents, along with business, financial and personal background information required to move forward with client’s credit request.
- In coordination with Underwriting Group, reviews loan requests and credit history, along with financial statements and spreads, to determine whether proposed credit application includes all information needed and meets lending criteria outlined in the Company lending policies, procedures and guidelines.
- Communicates credit approvals to clients, delivers loan documents for signature, and ensures that loan request is processed and booked.
- Ensures that declinations are communicated to prospects and customers, in written or verbal form, as required by company procedures and guidelines.
- Provides exemplary/professional customer service to, and maintains constructive and positive working relationships with, referral sources, loan applicants, borrowers, depositors, and their representatives.
- Prepares and submits regular sales production and customer call reports to Manager, as requested.
What You Will Need:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent professional experience in a mid-size or larger financial institution, or equivalent combination of experience and education.
- Minimum 2 years of commercial/business lending experience
- Experience in structuring all types of Commercial/Industrial loans and owner-occupied real estate loans for middle market to larger more complex businesses, experience with all types of SBA lending a plus.
- Established network in the market.
- Strong analytical, time management and organizational skills with a high level of attention to detail.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to be persuasive one-on-one as well as in a group setting.
- Demonstrated ability to problem solve and work in an organized manner on multiple projects.
- Proficient in MS Office, experience with a CRM strongly preferred.
- Willingness and ability to travel within the service area to develop new clients and conduct regular site visits.
- An entrepreneurial spirit with the ability to work successfully in a collaborative manner with minimal supervision.
- National Mortgage Licensing System and Registry (NMLS) Registration under the terms of the Safe Act of 2008. Continued employment in this position is contingent upon successful registration after start date and annual re-registration thereafter.
Who You Are!
- Possess a positive attitude and team player approach, with excellent customer service skills for both internal and external customers.
- Impeccable personal integrity: ability to maintain confidentiality of customer information and data.
- Builder of relationships and partnerships – ability to excel in a team environment.
- Motivated self-starter with a high level of initiative and demonstrated commitment to facilitating the growth and development of the Company.
To Apply: For confidential consideration, please submit resume to email@example.com
Express Office: Bend
61379 South Highway 97
Bend, OR 97702