Located in Nash, TX
Position: Staff Accountant
Location: Texarkana, TX
Hours: Mon-Fri 8-5
Perform various daily and monthly duties related to accounting and financial statement preparation. Perform special projects as needed.
Essential Functions Statement(s)
- Role may include specialty focus on State & Local Sales Tax functions. If so, major tasks include: Run reports; set up for payments via electronic fund transfers (EFT) and A/P entry; seed & feed tax reporting; business licenses; fertilizer & pesticide licenses.
- Role may include specialty focus on Fixed Assets. If so, major tasks include: set up new assets; maintain, transfer & delete existing accounts; run depreciation schedules and compile into spreadsheets for comparison to general ledger, and accrue sales tax on new assets.
- Maintain various intercompany leases.
- Role may include specialty focus on banking functions. If so, major tasks include: balances bank statements / credit cards for all locations; report branch deposits and compile into spreadsheet for transfers from each local branch bank to central bank.
- Complete and submit tax forms and returns, 401(k) contribution forms, and other government documents.
- Reconcile inventory records.
- Role may include specialty focus on certain Payroll functions. If so, major tasks include: 401(k) loan and income deferral processing; process health insurance payments; processing, computation & distribution of 1099''s; payroll accrual each month; monthly payroll tax entry; processing of SPIFF checks for sales representatives.
- Role may include specialty focus on Cash Application functions. If so, major tasks include: organize and sort A/R checks and apply to customer accounts; run reports; and process returned checks.
- Check figures, postings, and documents for correct entry, mathematical accuracy, and proper
- Operate computers programmed with accounting software to record, store, and analyze For all functions, proficiency with Excel is required.
- Comply with federal, state, and company policies, procedures, and
- Compile statistical, financial, accounting or auditing reports and tables pertaining to such matters as cash receipts, expenditures, accounts payable and receivable, and profits and
- Code documents (GL Codes) according to company
- Operate 10-key calculators, PC''s and copy machines to perform calculations and produce
- Maintain property tax accruals / Prepare property tax renditions for each branch.
- Reconcile accounts receivable for all
- Prepare expense reports for
- Accountability - Ability to accept responsibility and account for his/her
- Assertiveness - Ability to act in a self-confident manner to facilitate completion of a work assignment or to defend a position or idea
- Communication, Oral - Ability to communicate effectively with others using the spoken
- Detail Oriented - Ability to pay attention to the minute details of a project or
- Organized - Possessing the trait of being organized or following a systematic method of performing a
- Time Management - Ability to utilize the available time to organize and complete work within given
- Working Under Pressure - Ability to complete assigned tasks under stressful
SKILLS & ABILITIES
Education: Bachelor''s Degree (four-year college or university)
Experience: Two to three years related experience.
Express Office: Texarkana
3206 Jefferson Avenue
Texarkana, AR 71854