Store Manager- La Pine
Located in Bend, OR
This position is in La Pine, OR
The Habitat Store Manager is charged with overseeing the day-to-day operations of the Store and is responsible for maintaining a clean and safe facility, ensuring that sales and donation receiving activities run smoothly and efficiently, supervising Habitat Store staff and volunteers, and generally providing superior customer service to customers and donors. The Habitat Store manager is also highly involved in the development and implementation of strategic goals and growth strategies.
- Promote and acquire donations, and drive sales and profits of the Habitat Store.
- Work with affiliate staff to develop marketing and advertising programs to build the store’s visibility in the community.
- Establish and maintain relationships with potential and existing donors, including contractors, suppliers, individuals, businesses, and community and church groups to increase the quality and quantity of merchandise donations.
- Establish, implement and review policies and procedures for the safe, secure, and high-quality performance of all aspects of Habitat Store activities.
- Oversee the effective merchandising of the floor, maximize available display space, and use inventory control and pricing to ensure appropriate turnover of merchandise.
- Oversee scheduling of all store activities including staff schedules, volunteer schedules, and other special events.
- Ensure that all areas of the store, restrooms and loading dock area are clean and safe.
- Develop relationships with other area Habitat Store managers to identify “best practices” and programs that are mutually beneficial.
- Attend and participate in Habitat Store-related training opportunities.
- Hire and train Habitat Store staff; establish annual performance goals for each and monitor performance results, formally reporting results at least annually.
- Work in partnership with affiliate staff to recruit, train and engage volunteers in meaningful ways.
- Guide and assist volunteers in their work, understanding that each is an individual with different capabilities.
- Train new volunteers and staff to deliver high-quality, consistent customer service experience in the Habitat Store and ensure issues are professionally resolved and reported in a timely basis.
- Provide direction and supervision for Habitat Store volunteers, (operations, deconstruction, office/clerical staff, donation pick-up drivers, and counter sales assistant) including re-employment program participants and community service volunteers.
- Identify “sweat equity” opportunities for Habitat’s partner families.
- Maintain an active Habitat Store committee.
Finance and Administration:
- Ensure compliance with all financial reporting practices: reconciling daily sales and the daily closing out of all financial transactions. Develop and enforce pricing policies and processes for store merchandise. Review and adjust pricing as necessary for changing market conditions.
- Work in conjunction with the CEO and Finance Committee to develop and maintain operations within the annual operating budget and recommend capital expenditures.
- Track sales data to determine categories with high to low volume and adjust procurement strategies to meet customer demand.
- Approve, ensure accurate coding and submit payable invoices on a timely basis to the office coordinator.
Skills and Personal Characteristics:
- Dedication to and ability to articulate the mission and core values of Habitat for Humanity.
- Ability to plan, schedule, prioritize, coordinate, delegate, and manage multiple work activities.
- Demonstrated administrative, communication, financial, and leadership skills.
- Attention to detail and overall quality control.
- Strong interpersonal skills, dealing well with a variety of people, personalities, and backgrounds.
- Strong written and verbal communication and public relations skills.
- Physical ability to perform tasks, including lifting up to 75 pounds and standing for long periods at a time.
Education and Experience:
- High School or equivalent professional experience in a related field.
- Experience in supervising and leading employees and volunteers, directing successful teams, and being accountable for meeting objectives.
- Experience in a retail environment preferred.
- Cursory knowledge of building materials is preferred.
- Demonstrated ability in training, managing, leading, and developing people.
- Working knowledge in Microsoft 365, including Word, Excel, and email.
- Must be able to pass a criminal background check, and drug screening and be fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
- Achieve sales and financial goals outlined in the Habitat Store budget.
- Develop and implement appropriate systems.
- Build store assets and enhance the mission of HFHKC.
- Manage volunteers and employees for best utilization in fulfilling objectives.
- Initiative and independent action are demonstrated in handling tasks assigned.
- Strong communication with donors, customers, volunteers, partner families, and staff.
- Demonstrated knowledge of operations, policies, and procedures.
Call Natasha at 541-389-1505
Express Office: Bend
61379 South Highway 97
Bend, OR 97702