Located in Burbank, CA
Salary: $23 - $27
Day Shift/Full Time
Temp to Hire
Innovative manufacturer of highly engineered fluid and gas handling high-pressure equipment designed to generate high pressures to store and control gases and liquids for a wide range of applications, is seeking a CNC Operator to join their team in Burbank.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Performs set ups of 2 & 3 & 4 Axis CNC machines.
- The Machinist, CNC reports directly to the area Supervisor.
- Operates multiple machines simultaneously.
- Read and follow blueprints.
- Responsible for the proper use and maintenance of tooling and fixtures.
- Inspect machines parts for visual and/or dimensional defects.
- Start machine and observe operation, making required adjustments.
- Regularly clean, maintain, and repair machinery and equipment as needed.
- Work safely under functional safety guidelines such as PPE and equipment interaction.
- Completes shop work orders, inspection documentation, and daily maintenance sheets.
- Monitors the machine to ensure proper program performance.
- Makes off sets and adjustments to machines with moderate supervision.
- The use of precision measuring instruments (Calipers, Mic's, CMM's, Dial Indicators, etc.)
- Ability to work overtime (OT).
- Able to Identify and replace broken tools quickly.
- Able to perform setup and change over.
- Machining and holding tolerances of +/- .001".
- Ability to read measurement equipment such as micrometer, caliper, pressure micrometer.
- Inspect first article.
- Certificate from college or technical school and or 3 to 6 years of experience.
- Ability to repeatedly bend, lift and install parts of various sizes in allotted time frame.
- Ability to handle and manipulate tooling and machinery as required.
- Ability to add, subtract and divide whole numbers, fractions and decimals.
- Knowledge of CNC software basic PC knowledge.
- Requires a HS diploma/GED equivalent.
- Ability to learn new tasks quickly.
- 2 years of Programmer experience.
- MasterCam & BobCAD-CAM.
Express Office: Glendale
1209 North Central Avenue
Glendale, CA 91202