CNC Programmer and Set-up
Located in Burbank, CA
Salary: $25 - $36
Day Shift/Full Time
Temp to Hire
Innovative manufacturer of highly engineered fluid and gas handling high-pressure equipment designed to generate high pressures to store and control gases and liquids for a wide range of applications, is looking for a CNC Programmer to join their team in Burbank.
- Work from blueprints, samples, work orders and instruction, install and adjust various types of tooling and fixtures in the work centers.
- Calculate and write programs for CNC work centers to fabricate component parts to stated engineering specifications.
- Works independently to troubleshoot and resolve problems concerning machining operations, tools, materials and CNC programs.
- Perform secondary machining operations on component parts as required.
- Perform detailed analysis of the component parts configuration/dimensions to determine the most efficient machining operations required for production.
- Insert computer programs into CNC work centers, set and adjust machine speeds and feeds, modify programs and document changes as required.
- Process first piece through initial run, analyzing and making critical adjustments to tooling, programs and process parameters of work center.
- Operate and monitor work centers to perform progressive turning, boring, drilling, tapping and reaming operations.
- Fabricate simple holding fixtures as required for machining operations.
- Inspect parts for stated dimensions and surface imperfections for production runs.
- Works with engineering and supervisory personnel to troubleshoot and resolve design, equipment and operating difficulties.
- Perform preventative maintenance duties as scheduled by maintenance department.
- Assist training of lower-level machinists, answering work questions, resolving operating difficulties and reviewing completed work assignments.
- Minimum of four (4+) years experiences with Mastercam / Bobcad Cam program
- (2+) years set-up experience.
- (4+) years machining experience
- Broad knowledge of machining techniques to perform advanced setup operations.
- Works independently to troubleshoot and resolve problems concerning machining operations, tools and CNC programs.
- Proficient in the use of cuttings tools & measuring equipment.
- Read & understand blueprint drawings.
- Experience training lower-level machinists.
Express Office: Glendale
1209 North Central Avenue
Glendale, CA 91202