Located in Spring Lake, MI
Join an Advanced Manufacturing Tool and Die company in Norton Shores making fixtures, molds and prototypes
1st shift, four days week- 10 hr days $33 hour - direct hire position
Position Summary: Produces inspections of machined parts by programming, setting up, and operating portable coordinate measuring machine (PCMM/Faro Arm), maintaining quality and safety standards; keeping records; maintaining equipment and supplies. Responsible for developing, running and/or modifying programs to layout parts, components, checking fixtures and other objects as requested. The programmer is responsible for providing reports in the format requested and ensuring the accuracy of the data. Responsibilities also include programming 5-Axis laser, fixture set ups, and operating laser.
Essential Job Functions include, but not limited to, the following:
Faro Arm -
- Develop programs using Polyworks to collect data on metal, plastic parts, components and checking fixtures.
- Run programs to layout parts, checking fixtures and other part on CMM.
- Develop reports to meet the customer requirements using layout data.
- Execute Blueprint Reading and GD&T interpretation.
- Troubleshoot existing programs and reports.
- Provide leadership and direction for PCMM operators in the absence of the PCMM lead.
- Provide training to help associates and customer understand the layout results.
- Assist in problem solving and continuous improvement activities.
- Assist as needed in the calibration and certification of all process inspection & test equipment.
- Perform Blue & Scribe support.
- Effectively communicate report data to facilitate associates and internal customers understanding of the results.
- Determine and participate in continuous improvement activities for processes
- Develop data collection programs using applicable software (ex. Polyworks) to collect data on finished parts, sub-assemblies, components, and fixtures.
- Support the development of checking fixtures and attend gage design meetings to ensure standards are known and included in the fixture design.
- Use defined methodology to develop work request priority and schedules.
Laser Job responsibilities
- Program 5-Axis laser using Trutops software
- Setting up jobs and operating Laser equipment
- Additional functions not specifically outlined in this position description as directed by the Leader.
Prototype Team Assignment:
- Complete ER workflow checklist assignments on schedule and to intent.
- Perform various Prototype manufacturing activities (per capabilities) as defined by the Prototype Tech job descriptions when primary Faro activities are not required.
Position Skills and Experience Requirements:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty effectively. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.
- High School diploma
- Trutops programming experience preferred
- 3 + years of experience programming CMM & CNC Laser machines preferred
- Sheet metal & automotive part knowledge preferred
- Fundamental understand of statistics & other AIAG Core Tools (PPAP, SPC, MSA, FMEA, APQP).
- Proficient in GD&T and practical application of GD&T.
- Proficient in the use of various measuring devices including caliper, digital indicator, micrometer, height gage
- Competent in reading CAD data.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office applications.
Contact Specialized Recruiting Group at 616-499-2199
send resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Express Office: Muskegon
1848 East Sherman Boulevard
Muskegon, MI 49442