Located in Helena, MT
1. Provides excellent customer service:
· Assists customers with steel orders, including pulling, processing, and loading steel in an accurate, efficient, and timely manner.
· Bands and packages product for shipment in accordance with branch procedure.
· Moves product from storage area to processing area in a safe and efficient manner.
· Plans best use of time and materials and sets up appropriate machine for efficient and accurate processing.
· Correctly completes applicable paperwork for steel order.
2. Performs work in a safe and productive manner:
· Operates safely and efficiently a variety of equipment, which may include: shear; press brake; band, hot and chop saws; rebar bender; iron worker; drill press; punches; overhead crane; forklift; hydraulic press; burner; and various hand tools.
· Performs general maintenance on equipment as necessary, when qualified.
· Complies with OSHA and branch safety standards for handling, processing, blocking, storing, and stacking product. Complies with all other regulatory requirements including federal, state, local, company and customer rules or statutes.
· Cleans and maintains work area, may include shoveling snow and sweeping floors.
· Participates in safety meetings, assists in training new employees, and assists other departments as necessary.
· Performs inventory and machine checks.
· Daily demonstrates commitment to be present and work all hours assigned.
· Cooperates with employees, customers, suppliers and all others with honesty, integrity and respectful manner.
· Accepts responsibility for own decisions and actions.
Ability to lift 50 pounds frequently and maximum of 100 pounds occasionally, pushing and pulling up to 80 pounds, gripping, squatting, bending, climbing, standing, walking, reaching, transferring, stacking and loading of steel products.
Ability to work in varying weather conditions with moderate levels of noise.
Express Office: Helena
3365 Colton Drive
Helena, MT 59602