Located in Denton, MD
Express is a full service staffing and recruiting firm with an international presence and local ownership. Our location services the Delmarva Peninsula from Chestertown, MD to Wallops Island, VA, and Bay to Ocean. We assist local companies in hiring qualified individuals for their openings in office, commercial, industrial, and medical settings, including temporary, evaluation hire and direct hire placements. Expand your search with Express!
Our client company in Caroline County, MD is seeking a Finishing Operator.
Job summary: Performs processing and finishing of company braided packing. The position is generally responsible for taking braided packing and dipping into baskets of lubricants. After processing, the packing is finished using a calendaring machine with metal plates that squeezes the packing into shape and size. The finished product is stored in barrels as semi-finished material (SEMI) used to create finished parts (FP).
· Interpret production documents to determine processing and finishing schedule in conjunction with customer order priorities determined by sales.
· Work directly with braiding machine operators to ensure the dry braided packing coming off the braiding machines is the correct style, size, density and shape. This may require having the braiding machine operator revise a Braider Machine Setup Sheet (BMSS) to achieve.
· After material processing and finishing, the barrel material should be of acceptable quality for use by other departments focusing on finished parts: Wipes, Rings, East and West Packaging.
· Report quality issues and scrap amounts for braided packing that does not conform to quality standards.
· Process braided packing according to the BMSS. This may include dipping baskets of braided packing into PTFE, 501 graphite mix, lubricants such as perfecta, silicone or mineral oil.
· Finishing is primarily calendaring the braided packing via a machine with metal plates to achieve size, density and shape. Also stenciling packing style 1389 GFO packing via a machine.
· Accurately complete and forward (or enter in SAP) production documents with appropriate stamps, quantity, date, initials, etc., as per appropriate work procedures.
· Manage a clean & productive workstation with all tools maintained and calibrated, as required.
Required Minimum Qualifications:
A basic mechanical aptitude and willingness to learn should allow a person to perform the job functions above.
HS Diploma / Equivalent
Skills and Experience
A minimum of 1-year previous technical or mechanical experience preferred.
Basic mechanical skills needed.
Close visual attention, manual dexterity, reasoning, and judgment are required.
Ability to learn effective use of calipers and gauges.
Essential Job Functions
Standing Frequently (46-100%)
Sitting Rarely (0-15%)
Lifting Up to 25lbs without assistance
Carrying Up to 25lbs without assistance
Walking Frequently (46-100%)
Hearing Ability to detect noises with or without corrective device(s)
Vision Clarity of vision, with or without corrective lenses
Problem Solving Occasionally (16-45%)
Making Decisions Ability to make decisions that have a moderate impact
Supervise Rarely (0-15%)
Interpret Data Frequently (46-100%)
Organize Occasionally (16-45%)
Read/Write Occasionally (16-45%)
Communication Frequently (46-100%)
High Temperatures Occasionally (16-45%)
Low Temperatures Rarely (0-15%)
Noises Loud (manufacturing environment, movement of large equipment)
Fumes Exposure Frequently (46-100%)
Express Office: Easton
29466 Pintail Drive
Easton, MD 21601