Located in Greenwood, IN
The Specialized Recruiting Group of Express Employment Professionals is partnered with a Greenwood Manufacturing company who is looking to directly hire a Purchasing Specialist!
Job Summary/Company Information:
- This person will be ensuring that the supply of materials meets the production schedule and provide a sense of operational and production continuity by ensuring minimum stock levels
- Schedule the supply of materials/components to meet production requirements and minimum safety stock levels
- Plan, develop, implement, and evaluate processes for material delivery from supplier
- Day-to-day order management and management of deliveries
- Utilize any Material Requirements Planning system (MRP) or IT system that is in place and ensure that data is accurate and up to date as well as resolve any issues as required
- Minimize obsolete stock and ensure business is left with minimum liability
- Create regular statistical reports and analysis and update others within the organization
- Collaborate with internal and external partners to forecast, plan, and facilitate on-time materials to the production line as and when required, avoiding disruption to production
- Generate and communicate supplier material delivery schedules and forecasts to ensure they reflect requirements and meet demands
- Develop and maintain good relationships with suppliers and ensure demand for materials is met and deliveries are made on time
- Resolve supplier concerns and evaluate supplier performance
- $50k/yr+ (based on experience)
- Direct hire opportunity!
- Medical benefits, Health Savings Account, 401K, Holiday Pay, and PTO
Schedule: Monday-Friday 7am-4pm or 8am-5pm w/1 hour lunch
- Recent planning experience in an automotive or manufacturing environment strongly preferred
- Good understanding of supply chain processes as well as experience working with suppliers
- Advanced computer skills with IT Systems and MS Office specifically in Excel
- Knowledge and experience of using MRP (Material Requirements Planning) systems
- Must be detail-oriented and able to proactively contribute to a team
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills required
- Strong analytical, planning, and problem-solving skills
- Self-motivated and able to work well under pressure
- Results orientated and organized with the ability to deliver against deadlines
- Assertive, optimistic, resilient, and welcomes change
How to apply: Email me your resume a or call me at 317-300-9519 Monday-Friday between 8am-5pm.
Visit our office in person: 201 S. Emerson Ave., Suite 110 Greenwood, IN 46143
SE Corner of Main St. & Emerson - ½ mile off I-65S at the Greenwood exit 99. Next door to Starbucks.
About Us: Serving the Southside of Indianapolis, Shelbyville, Greenwood, Franklin, and the surrounding south-central counties, Express Employment Professionals’ Certified Professional Staffing Team specializes in Contract and Direct Hire placements in Engineering, Accounting and Finance, and Skilled Manufacturing. There are no fees for our services; we are a Human Resource Solutions company assisting businesses in finding top talent. We have been hired directly by our companies to find them the best candidate for the job!
Express Office: Indianapolis (South)
201 South Emerson Avenue
Greenwood, IN 46143