Located in Vancouver, WA
Salary: Competitive comp & benefits!
Clark County Fire District 5 is seeking a Deputy District Administrator who thrives in a fast-paced, team environment and has the ability to provide exceptional management and leadership to our organization.
The Deputy District Administrator position is responsible for overseeing the development, implementation, and adoption of budgets in the general fund and special revenue fund. This position supports part-time safety instructors, assuring that they teach all necessary curriculum in an effective manner, conduct annual performance appraisals on each, manage each in terms of compensation and discipline, and hire and train instructors as needed by performing the following duties:
What You Get to Do!
- Assists District Administrator in overseeing the development, implementation, and adoption of budgets in two different areas – general fund and special revenue fund.
- Provides accounts payable and receivable support such as invoice entry, payment inquiry, posting payments, minimal collections, vendor set up, invoice transmittals.
- Become familiar with the Fire Services Contract between the Fire District and the City of Vancouver.
- Ability to teach technical safety classes as needed.
- Manages payroll for safety instructors and completes data input for all classes taught.
- · Effectively supervise part-time safety instructors; assure they teach all necessary curriculum in an effective manner; conduct annual performance appraisals on each; manage each in terms of compensation and discipline; hire and train instructors as needed.
- Develops relationships with key personnel in each Safety Consortium agency and develops annual contracts for each Safety Consortium agency including costs that will keep the program profitable.
- Assists and supports the District Administrator in all aspects of management for the Fire District.
- Oversees building maintenance for the District headquarters; make minor to intermediate repairs and improvements as needed; contract with professional agencies for larger capital needs for the building and surrounding property grounds.
- Oversees auto maintenance needs for the District’s four vehicles; perform minor to intermediate repairs on same; contract with professional shops for major repairs.
- Maintains, upgrades, and repairs various computers, printers, laptops, televisions, and projectors, contract with outside shops for major issues
- Prepares board packets and drafts resolutions.
- Attends Board of Commissioner meetings twice a month and take minutes; type up minutes for District Administrator’s approval that will later be presented to the Board.
- Acts on behalf of District Administrator in event of his/her absence.
- Develops and maintains organized electronic and physical paper-based filing systems.
- Other duties as assigned.
What You Will Bring:
- Training or experience equivalent to a bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university.
- At least five years’ experience in a high-level management position, preferably public sector.
- Must have an understanding and experience using Microsoft Office Suite, including Word, Outlook and Excel. Ability to type at least 40 wpm.
- Experience and knowledge of EMS and understand EMT programs is preferred.
- Knowledge and experience overseeing and managing safety programs including high level of knowledge in OSHA and WISHA requirements.
- Knowledge and familiarity with building maintenance and vehicle maintenance, including hands-on experience in both areas.
- Great level of experience in overseeing information technology systems and online learning platforms.
- Experience working with projectors, televisions, and other audio-visual systems.
- Knowledge of current instructional practices in all areas of occupational health and safety training.
- Experience in developing and managing contracts.
- Ability to organize programs, supervise personnel, and work effectively as part of a team.
- Ability to attend meetings in the evenings at times.
To Apply: For confidential consideration, please submit resume to email@example.com
Express Office: Bend
61379 South Highway 97
Bend, OR 97702