Material Control Clerk... Call Or Text 661.775.2570!
Located in Santa Clarita, CA
The Material Control Clerk ensures supplies are sorted, transferred, and inventoried according to company standards. The ideal candidate for this position thrives in a dynamic and challenging environment, ensures that this function is continuously improving, adds value to the organization, and collaborates with various company disciplines to achieve 100% inventory accuracy, and on-time delivery.
• Receive daily items and unpack, sort and store items in correct stockroom and warehouse locations that allow for easy access according to documented standards
• Assess items are free of defects, ensure item counts match receipt details, mark items using tags and labels and record item details in manual and/or digital inventory lists daily
• Calculate, verify and correct inventory computations as needed including physically counting items, comparing actual counts to listed inventory figures, investigating any discrepancies and updating inventory records with accurate information
• Prepare material releases and deliver to follow on work centers for internal processing.
• Assist stock supervisor as needed with various tasks including cleaning the warehouse and stockroom facilities, finding and disposing of excess or obsolete stock, training new stock clerk personnel and ensuring stock areas meet documented safety standards
• Perform daily maintenance of supplies, equipment, tools and storage areas according to standard procedures
• High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or 1 - 2 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Good organizational and communication skills.
• Attention to detail.
• Ability to learn quickly, works reliably and accurately, and performs well.
• Ability to operate forklift.
The role sits in the shop floor and requires standing and walking; performs various fine grasping movements, bends, and twists; operates a computer and enters information using a keyboard, operates a telephone, and other office equipment. May occasionally push, pull, or lift up to 25 pounds.
Call or Text 661.775.2570!
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with Criminal Histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws. Including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
Express Office: Santa Clarita
28111 Avenue Stanford
Santa Clarita, CA 91355