Position: Heavy Metal Assembler
Location: Texarkana, TX
Hours: M-F 7am-4pm
Apply Now: ExpressTexarkana.com
The purpose of the Heavy Metal Assembler is to assist each team member with storing, assembling and organizing all components necessary to meet production requirements (i.e. final product assembly). The Heavy Metal Assembler is the final point of production before shipments are completed.
- Loads and unloads materials onto or from pallets, trays, racks and shelves by hand.
- Loads and unloads materials from other departments and installs strapping, hardware, completion plugs and other components to prevent shifting or damage in transit.
- Conveys materials to and from storage, work sites or shipping departments to designated area, using hand truck, forklift or other device.
- Secures lifting attachments to materials and conveys load to destination, using hand-operated crane or hoist.
- Responsible for signaling crane or hoisting operators to move load to destination.
- Lift objects by hand and lifting aid to assemble flanges and other components.
- Label all material as required, including traceable items such as heat numbers, lot numbers and customer supplied parts.
- Maintain part numbers and labels on all material racks to assist with inventory tracking.
- Operate various tools (i.e. lug wrenches, drills, compressors, impacts)
- Operate various lifting tools (i.e. overhead jib crane, forklift)
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent.
- Knowledge of various metal grades, thicknesses, sizes.
- Knowledge of computer programs to include but not limited to word, excel, label makers, etc.