Safety and Training Coordinator
Located in Bend, OR
Salary: Competitive comp & benefits!
Join a rapidly growing and energetic organization that cares deeply about their people and their customers!
What You Get to Do!
The Training & Safety Coordinator will identify and monitor training and safety needs in the organization, and design, plan, and implement training programs, policies, and procedures to fulfill those needs.
- Reviews existing training program: suggests enhancements and modifications to improve engagement, learning, and retention and/or to meet the changing needs of the organization, or the industry.
- Ensures that training materials and programs are current, accurate, and effective.
- Identifies problems and opportunities such as operational changes or industry developments that training could improve.
- Conducts or facilitates required and recommended training sessions.
- Collaborates with vendors and third-party training providers to arrange employee registration for and participation in outside training programs.
- Ensures that training milestones and goals are met while adhering to approved training budget.
- Collaborates with management to develop, prepare, and implement safety and security policies and procedures.
- Coordinates the safety program to promote and ensure a safe working environment.
- Reviews current safety training and recommends revisions, improvements, and updates.
- Submits recommendations for improvements to management including emergency preparedness, accident prevention, general safety, and risk management.
- Identifies opportunities to minimize workplace injuries, accidents, and health problems.
- Shares environmental safety information with appropriate levels in the organization.
- Ensures compliance with federal, state, and local safety laws, regulations, codes, and rules.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
What You Will Bring!
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications or related area required or equivalent work experience.
- At least two years of experience in training and safety required.
- Advanced training or certification in safety preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Thorough understanding of training processes.
- Ability to moderate large groups.
- Extensive knowledge of company safety policies and applicable Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) standards.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Extremely organized and detail oriented.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Experience managing an LMS preferred.
- Passion for the work you do and the people you do it with!
To Apply: For confidential consideration, please submit resume to email@example.com
Express Office: Bend
61379 South Highway 97
Bend, OR 97702