Construction Project Manager - Glazing
Located in Bend, OR
Salary: Competitive comp & benefits!
Why This Role is Critical: As the Lead Project Manager you will be responsible for the productivity and performance of the project management and estimating team. You will help lead and mold team members into an efficient and profitable team that works together as one and supports the field teams to ensure each project is successful. You will not only manage your own projects, but you will be managing your team members and giving them the tools and guidance to grow and thrive.
What Success Looks Like in this Role: Your projects are consistently managed, on time and on budget. You have earned respect from our customer, our glaziers and co-workers, and you demonstrate leadership by suggesting new and better ways of doing this and solving problems. You apply the project team management documents and use them to keep your jobs on track on a weekly basis.
Project Management Role
- Tools Required
- ProCore / PlanGrid
- Trello, MS-Teams, etc.
- Discrete Steps in Project Execution
- At award, set up new project per protocols
- Identify award scope, itemize submittal items and processes and confirm contract accuracy
- Create, track and proactively manage shop drawing, material sample and product data submittals
- Consistently share procurement schedule and lead time risks with client
- Obtain and archive submittal approvals and resolve issues.
- Order and track procurement and share delivery, lead time, back order and damage claim info with team
- Maintain project folder per protocol so that all parties can find critical project documents (order confirmations, change order proposals, addenda info, etc.)
- Create Field Approved drawing sets and Conduct a mobilization kick off meeting with Lead Glazer/Shop Team shortly before first shop/field activity
- Responsively address shop & field questions and all client communication (RFI’s, ASI’s, CCD’s, lead time & scheduling questions)
- Buy out material scope, confirm bid phase price holds by vendors and improve upon pricing wherever possible
- Track and monitor COP’s and incorporate into SOV/billing cycle.
- Collaboratively solve problems with project team, finding ways to define and minimize project errors and constructability issues that might lead to problems with building performance over time.
- Submit Closeout docs and final billing in a timely fashion
- Conduct profitability review and project debrief with team at conclusion of job
- Results that reflect superior performance
- Project info is well organized and easy to find by any team member at every phase of the project
- Shop and Field crews have accurate and up-to-date shop drawings, scope summaries, installation instructions and material lists so that they can correctly and efficiently execute their work
- Clients are pro-actively managed and made aware of lead times and project risk issues/conflicts
- Material re-orders and order mistakes are rare (e.g. wrong door handing, erroneous material takeoff)
- All project execution steps are managed such that last-second expedited freight shipments, workarounds, favors and crises are rare.
Behaviors that are needed to be successful in all three roles:
- Self-Management & Discipline
- Delegation & ability to constantly prioritize
- Flexibility and adaptability
- Time management
- Effective communication
- Lead by Example & embody Mission, Vision & Values
- Emotional Maturity: cooperation, focus on the behavior not the person, constructive disagreement, etc.
Reporting and Accountabilities required of this role:
- Successfully follow the Project Management Protocols
- Weekly Operations Meetings to review progress of jobs
- New job bid award review, Pre-mobilization hand off, Post-project debrief & profitability reviews
- Quarterly Company Meetings
- Leadership Team meeting
For confidential consideration, please submit resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Express Office: Bend
61379 South Highway 97
Bend, OR 97702