Maintenance / Industrial Mechanic I
Located in Texarkana, AR
This individual will maintain production and quality by ensuring operation of industrial mechanical equipment by having a basic knowledge of maintenance mechanical skills to include, but not limited to troubleshooting, PM and other work order execution relative to plant maintenance repairs on systems such as Shredding Mills, Plant Air Systems, vibrating screens, material conveying systems, material separating equipment, centrifugal pumping systems and various stationary equipment and structures. This job works closely with other department leaders to include department lead person, Planner & Scheduler, Plant Management/Leaders, Safety Coordinators and the Maintenance and Reliability Manager to ensure a total approach to plant maintenance & reliability is achieved when it comes to Asset Health while upholding a high standard to safety
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES and TASKS
- Ensures operation of machinery and mechanical equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements on engines, motors, pneumatic tools, conveyor systems, and production machines; following diagrams, sketches, operations manuals, manufacturer''s instructions, and engineering specifications; troubleshooting malfunctions.
- Locates sources of problems by observing mechanical devices in operation; listening for problems; using precision measuring and testing instruments.
- Removes defective parts by dismantling devices; using hoists, cranes, and hand and power tools; examining form and texture of parts.
- Adjusts functional parts of devices and control instruments by using hand tools, levels, plumb bobs, and straightedges.
- Fabricates repair parts by using machine shop instrumentation and equipment.
- Conserves maintenance resources by using equipment and supplies as needed to accomplish job results.
- Provides mechanical maintenance information by answering questions and requests.
- Prepares mechanical maintenance reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
- Maintains technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing technical publications; establishing personal networks.
- Maintains continuity among work teams by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs.
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:This position requires:
- High School diploma.
- Minimum of 5 years in a senior plant maintenance position: level I or above.
- Good general knowledge of mobile maintenance equipment to include: mobile cranes, RT forklifts & motorized man lifts.
- Good general knowledge of plant maintenance equipment & tools. Knowledge in equipment related to aggregate plant a plus.
- General knowledge in cutting and welding a plus.
- Good communication skills: verbal and written in English.
- Knowledge in Reliability Centered Maintenance, a plus.
- Knowledgeable in plant maintenance procedures & work order execution.
- Knowledgeable in reading working drawings, schematics and technical information.
- Familiar with personal computers and Microsoft environments.
- Familiar with Work Order Management Systems.
- Familiar with hydraulic & pneumatic systems.
- Familiar with automated systems, a plus.
- Familiar in PM development.
- Familiar with job planning and scheduling.
- Familiar with Machine Lubrication Technology.
- Proficient in the use of safety equipment to include, but not limited to: fall protection, respirators and PPE.
- Able to handle physical aspects of plant.
- PHYSICAL ASPECTS:
- Employee will sit, walk and climb
- Occasionally required to sit while in company office
- Must be able to walk comfortably up to a mile daily
- Frequently will be required to push/pull and climb ladders no greater that 20ft. at a time
- Requires balance and equilibrium when climbing ladders; walking catwalks or stair cases in elevated areas up to 110 feet in evaluation
- Frequently will be required to climb stair cases up to 110 feet in elevation
- Frequently required to reach above shoulders to climb ladders and occasionally standing
- Light to medium level work; exert up to 50 pounds of force occasionally and /or 25 pounds of force frequently, and /or negligible amount of force constantly to move objects
- Regularly requires use of both hands for grasping and fine manipulations for repetitive motions
- Constantly required to hear sounds and have clarity of near, far and peripheral sight with depth perception
Express Office: Texarkana
3206 Jefferson Avenue
Texarkana, AR 71854