Located in Bend, OR, OR
Job Title: Facilities Technician
Department: Property Management
Reports to: Director of Property Maintenance
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Must Live in Central Oregon
The Maintenance Technician is responsible for performing routine maintenance and repairs on a variety of company-managed commercial real estate properties. Possesses skills and knowledge required to do quality work. Completes work timely and according to safety standards, and predictive and productive maintenance systems to support the achievement of each property’s business goals and objectives on behalf of the property in support of Property Managers.
The Maintenance Technician performs installation, repair, and preventive maintenance services on a variety of commercial properties and is prepared to respond to a variety of service requests on a daily schedule. Is knowledgeable and skilled in plumbing, electrical, carpentry, and building maintenance repairs and can recommend and communicate solutions to Property Managers and complete the work upon approval. The maintenance schedule is coordinated with Property Managers to impacted parties are notified in advance. Works with other vendors as needed on projects ordering materials and supervising job performance to fulfill work objectives. Is diligent in keeping work order status current in property management software applications.
- Self-directed and can size up maintenance issues and determine the best approach to address issues with little or no assistance.
- Develop and maintain a courteous and service-oriented rapport with all customers (tenants, building occupants, vendors, clients, co-workers)
- Manage work orders electronically utilizing a company-provided mobile device (Android)
- Develop and implement preventive maintenance programs
- Implement safety procedures and protocols
- Ensure all tenant/building work orders are responded to per maintenance schedule.
- Ensure all tenant/building work orders are responded to in a timely and efficient manner.
- Meet on a regular basis with Property Managers to review work orders and submit completed work orders electronically.
- Create a monthly maintenance calendar with the goal of inspecting all properties on a quarterly basis and submitting an inspection report to the Property Manager monthly.
- Carry appropriate tools to perform maintenance services.
- Performs all other duties that may be required for the position
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES:
- Strong skills and knowledge in building maintenance and repairs including related plumbing, electrical, construction, and carpentry skills.
- Team player with effective leadership skills
- Have demonstrated proficiency and experience in utilizing current technology tools (hardware and software)
- Develop and maintain effective internal and external tenant and vendor relationships.
- Possess clear and effective written and verbal communications skills
- Organized and able to work in a variety of building environments
- Three (3) to five (5) years of experience in commercial building maintenance or related industry.
- Clean driving record and an appropriate and dependable vehicle capable of carrying tools and equipment.
- High school education.
- Evidence of automobile liability insurance coverage and valid Oregon state driver’s license.
- Ability to pass a background screening and drug tests.
- Available to work occasional overtime and provide after-hours on-call emergency response on an as-needed basis.
- Personal transportation required
Able to perform the physical requirements of the position; climbing ladders, bending, stooping, lifting/carrying a minimum of 50 pounds, raising arms overhead, performing overhead work, work effectively at heights.
Call Natasha NOW at 541-389-1505
Express Office: Bend
61379 South Highway 97
Bend, OR 97702