Licensed Structural Engineer
Located in Sun Valley, CA
Salary: 90K - 125K Annually
Day Shift/Full Time
An innovative manufacture of mechanical and automated parking systems company with over 50 years of experience, is currently rapidly expanding its California operations and is looking for an inhouse Structural Engineer with strong AutoCAD and Revit skills. You will be working alongside the Los Angeles based design and engineering team generating engineering solutions for cutting-edge complex mechanical and automated parking projects in a fast-paced environment. This unique position is for someone who is well versed in the field of structural engineering but is also comfortable working across multiple disciplines including mechanical engineering. Experience in construction, construction administration and field observations.
Position Summary: As a Structural Project Engineer, you will be responsible for the design of structural systems from schematics through construction administration on a wide range of mechanical and automated parking systems. As part of the integrated design team you create innovative high-density parking solutions that provide a green alternative to parking. You will be responsible for designing structural building systems and preparing detailed structural engineering drawings and calculations. Responsibilities will also include construction administration services and collaboration with architectural and engineering teams.
- Develop structural designs from concept through completion of construction.
- Prepare engineering design calculations and structural system layouts.
- Prepare detailed engineering reports and narratives.
- Coordinate structural design requirements with architecture, structure and other disciplines.
- Produce construction documents using Revit.
- Write and review specifications.
- Review shop drawings, RFIs and submittals.
- Conduct site visits when needed.
- Collaborate with architects, other engineers, and clients as part of our integrated design process.
- Bachelor's degree in Civil/Structural or Architectural/Structural Engineering.
- 5+ years of buildings structural engineering experience, including the design of concrete, and steel; gravity and lateral systems.
- Licensed Professional Structural Engineer (SE) in the State of California. Willing to obtain lics. in Oregon and Washington.
- Strong AutoCAD and Revit skills.
- Working knowledge of current structural software.
- Goal oriented with strong skills in problem solving, creativity, and attention to detail.
- Understanding of steel construction.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Willing to analysis complex mechanical systems using Brazilian and Chinese Steel.
Express Office: Glendale
1209 North Central Avenue
Glendale, CA 91202