Located in san luis obispo, CA
Salary: 18-20 DOE
Responsible for laying floor coverings in establishments such as buildings, restaurants, homes, offices, ad factories. Uses various materials, including laminate, linoleum, vinyl, cork, rubber, cement, carpet, wood, or tile.
- · Inspect and clean surface in preparation for material.
- · Measure area to determine amount of materials needed.
- · Confer with architect or homeowner to determine ideal material and layout.
- · Correct defects such as a sub-floor that is unleveled or contains rotted wood.
- · Sweep, scrape, sand, or chip dirt and irregularities from base surfaces, and fill cracks with putty, plaster, or cement grout to form smooth foundation.
- · Order flooring materials.
- · Tile and set
- · Cut flooring materials.
- · Use adhesive to glue material to floor.
- · Unroll and install polyethylene film.
- · Install padded underlayer to reduce noise.
- · Install floor covering and ensure there are no cracks.
- · Clean up leftover adhesives.
- · Mop up floors and inspect finished product for flaws.
- · Replace any defective flooring material.
- · Supervise flooring assistants.
- · Work with carpenters, carpet installers, architects, engineers, and other workers to get appropriate job specs.
Prefer 4 plus years experience
must have reliable transportation and some tools
Full time M- F 8 to 5 and some Saturdays
$18.00 to $25.00 hourly DOE
Express Office: Arroyo Grande
260 South Halcyon Road
Arroyo Grande, CA 93420