Store Manager (Retail)
Located in Spokane , WA
Salary: $52,744 / year
Advance your career with this amazing retail management opportunity! We are looking for a general manager for a very successful locally owned department store. They specialize in selling a variety of top brand outdoor recreational products, automotive equipment, toys and clothing brands.
- Employee Discount of 25%
- 401K offered
- Medical, dental, and Vision after 90 days
- Monthly bonuses available based on performance
Schedule: May be scheduled any day of the week. ~45 hours a week
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Customer Service:
- Provide positive representation of store.
- Provide a friendly, outgoing demeanor; work well with customers as well as associates.
- Handle customer complaints. Work to resolve problems with the customer and have store’s best interest taken into consideration.
- Possess excellent product knowledge and knowledge of store layout and location of products.
- Provide delivery to local customers as needed. Mileage will be paid by company.
- Store Operations
- Supervise the “general operations” of the entire store.
- Responsible for ordering and maintaining desirable product inventory levels to ensure store profitability in compliance with corporate objectives.
- Ensure compliance with all practices, policies and procedures necessary to manage inventory shrink. Monitor shrink numbers and take corrective actions.
- Manage and direct preventative maintenance and repairs in order to maximize and protect all physical assets (i.e., building, fixtures and equipment).
- Ensure receiving, checking in, stocking of merchandise for the store is being done completely and in a timely manner.
- Oversee and assist with the daily maintenance, orderliness and cleanliness of the sales floor, stock room and outdoor merchandise areas.
- Ensure weekly price changes are being completed.
- Ensure monthly cycle counts and negative on hand reports are being completed.
- Ensure daily, weekly, and monthly Mango’s and Compass reports are being completed on time.
- Ensure signage is current in the entire store.
- Store Support Operations
- Responsible for the implementation of Store Support programs.
- Attend trade shows and seminars with company guidance.
- Attend weekly meetings at The General Store
- Responsible for successful Loss Prevention, Safety and Internal Audits.
- Assist with special projects within the district as set forth by the General Manager / Owner.
- Hiring and Training of Associates
- Conduct weekly management staff meetings.
- Ensure effective training and development of all associates.
- Recruit prospective associates for possible management positions throughout store.
- Manage and support the hiring, scheduling, reviewing, rewarding and coaching of all store associates including management.
- Actively recruit and promote the advancement of store associates.
Qualified candidates will have the following abilities:
- High School or GED equivalent requirement; degree preferred
- At least two years of experience in retail management
- Hardware experience preferred
- Strong computer skills (Excel, Epicor)
- Strong typing skills
Express Employment Pros can help you find the type of job that is a suitable fit for your needs and abilities, and you'll never pay a fee for our services and support! We're locally owned and operated with the support and stability of an international headquarters with four decades of staffing and HR expertise. It's the best of both worlds - small business flexibility, big company resources. We are ISO certified and follow all government guidelines.
Express Office: Spokane
331 West Main
Spokane, WA 99201